1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Power window of 90 HP not working at ignition switch at STOP Position

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by bhai, Dec 24, 2011.

1. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

Formerly I had owned MJD Active. Power window of my Active varient was also operating (without auto down feature) even after engine stop.but till I was not opening the Driver door.
    In my old Active varient,after stopping engine I was able to operate PWR window (without auto down feature).
    So It was pleasure to me that I can operate power window without switching key position at MAR till I do not open the driver side door after stopping engine.

But this feature is not in my 90 HP. Now I have to switch key position again at MAR position after switching engine off.

Is this normal in 90 HP ?

As per my logic PWR window of 90 HP should also operate (without Auto-down feature) after putting engine off till any passenger or Driver do not open his door ?
    Am I Right ?

Guideline is invited especially from Dynamic,Emotion,E + & 90 HP owners
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2011
  2. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Doesn't work in my Linea and all fiat cars I have access to.
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    In my 75HP Emotion Pack, my power windows can't be operated once the key has been turned to off position. I have to turn it back to "Mar"/"On" position to operate power windows.

Must say, for the first time on this forum, you have finally reported some good thing about your Active MJD CKDi, though technically, even that is an anomaly.

P.S.- There are some recent owners who have reported that they are able to operate power windows even with key in off position for sometime if I recall correctly.
  4. Even in my June 2011 manufactured 90 hp punto , I dont have this feature .

You are correct Yashik .. I believe that Srini , our fellow member is having this feature ( able to close power window even if ignition is in STOP position) .His 90 hp punto is July 2011 manufactured.

5. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

my jul-10 punto doesn't have this feature.But some were in the new Linea and Punto discussion few members have mentioned that they have this feature in their cars.

6. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

My July 2011 - 90 HP has this feature.

The driver window has the one touch UP feature when the car is active (Ignition ON or MAR position) but when the key is in Off position, the one touch feature does not work, you have to hold the Power window switch for the window to go up all the way.
  7. jiji

jiji Amatore

Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum), India, India
    Grande Punto 1.3
    one of my friend has an Emotion MJD and he has the feature of operating power windows after you remove the key. you can operate the windows for 30 seconds after that it shuts off till then the backlight is lit on the power window console. Can anyone please verify this and can the old Punto owners retro-fit this feature cos this is a very good feature.
  8. I doubt this feature came standard on your model. Seems like a concern with the Power window module. This is a function officially promoted on the 2012 Linea/Punto. Kindly have it checked at your nearest Fiat Service.