1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Power steering and A/c - parts Upgrade for LINEA

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by ibsr, Jul 27, 2011.

1. PKMohan

PKMohan Amatore

Bangalore
    Picked the car in the evening yesterday. I felt no change in the cooling, may be my AC O-rings were doing OK before changing also.

In the invoice copy the service centre guys have attached some checklist which says AC upgrade (which is almost two sheets), but I hardly see any checks made based on what they had written on that. I hope they fitted the O-rings properly.
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    now i read on other forums that they are replacing the timings chains too, can anyone confirm this
  3. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Even i read! In some specific Linea's i believe!
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    THE steering hose replacement is for april 2011 and laster manufactured cars. the hose has a minor problem which causes leaks.
  5. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore
    i got the steering rack changed few days back. but now that i have 16" rims on my linea, they said that they wont replace it again in warranty as i changed my rim size.
  6. eldrid

eldrid Amatore

London, United Kingdom
    London, United Kingdom
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Hi all. Around a few months back i had my punto 1.4 eps AC upgraded. However 3 months later the system started to leak compressor oil. this was from the place where the AC hoses connect to the condenser. Apparently the O ring had a problem and the ac line was drained and recharged.
  7. I also own a April 2011 Punto. I was called for a steering hose replacement. I was told by the Concorde service centre, Bangalore person that they have observed around 6 failures in steering hose pipe which fall under a particular chasis number range..so Fiat has decided to replace this steering hose for around 600-700 vehicle
  8. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Part quality nightmare goes on on and on ..low sales and lots of FOC replacements will dent the company low below redline.
  9. My steering column was called for replacement.
    Will be getting this done shortly.
    This is due to a faulty installation done during the accident repairs

Due to some unexplainable reasons my facebook id has changed.
    The name of the new id is six speed twin
    Will be sending requests to you guys very shortly
  10. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Gosh not one more..at this rate i might have to get entire car replaced. I am alredy finding it very difficult to follow up updates.
    I called up the dealer and ask if there is any update pending, they blunty said NO.
    Went up to them to check clutch slave cylinder, and found that it was the notrious plastic one, got it replaced. Not sure how to trust this guys about upgrades ...

OT: Tata Nano is also getting a second recall/upgrade done, it includes flashing ecu and some wire harness getting changed.

---------- Post added at 09:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

Gosh not one more..at this rate i might have to get entire car replaced. I am alredy finding it very difficult to follow up updates.
    I called up the dealer and ask if there is any update pending, they blunty said NO.
    Went up to them to check clutch slave cylinder, and found that it was the notrious plastic one, got it replaced. Not sure how to trust this guys about upgrades ...

OT: Tata Nano is also getting a second recall/upgrade done, it includes flashing ecu and some wire harness getting changed.