1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Power steering and A/c - parts Upgrade for LINEA

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by ibsr, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Hi fellow TFI'ians
    I came to know that Fiat is replacing the following parts on Linea, not sure about punto...

1. Power Steering - Pipe assembly
    2. A/C - O-rings or gaskets..

I own a Linea MJD E+ and have got these things replaced.. You may all check with your ASS providers. As the Monsoon Free check up camp (Till 14 Aug 2011) is going on, you can get these things done in the camp as well.. It would take 2-3 hrs for replacement alone..

Happy Driving
    Bala
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    What issue you had? Is it applicable for all Linea?
  3. Parts upgrade for all linea's

Fiat is replacing those parts in all Linea's. As such i did not had any problem/ issue.
    I got a call from TASS asking me to sent my Linea (Vehicle purchased in April 2011, 4820 Kms done) for Power steering pipe replacement. I was apprised that it is being replace because it is getting worn at a faster rate !?! ( Got to believe these guys, i suppose). Since My First Service was also due. I had sent my vehicle. Along with the first service, i got power steering pipe replacement as well. Further, i came to know that FIAT is also replacing the O-rings/Gaskets in A/C as well (My A/C was working fine as well before the replacement.) Here is the list of part/Job code - Particulars-quantity- rate
    (Rate though not applicable as these parts were changed under warranty)
    1.0010877887-Sealing Gasket-1 number-Rs.101.31 ( For AC)
    2.0010877980-Sealing Gasket - 1 No - Rs.83.84 (For AC)
    3.SUVAR134a-AC GAS R134a SUVA - 0.1kg- Rs.1397.38 ( Gas top up - Free of cost)
    4.0059064069-Flex.Hose-1 No-Rs 268.12
    (Since it is a flexible hose i can now understand why they want to replace. )
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
  4. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    This is interesting. Anyone else got similar replacements?
  5. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    Will definitely take it up when I go for my first service (another 2k kms or so).
    The AC compressor O-ring is a known problem - mine conked off 2 months back. I hope I have the new good one now?
    Good thing they are doing the Power steering pipe assembly on their own.
  6. Power steering hose replacement?

I got a call from Concorde Motors on July 23rd to bring my car for a free power steering hose replacement by Fiat India. However they said that I had to do it before July 31st as that was the deadline given to them by Fiat. If want to get it done after that, I will have to check with them for part availability. As I was busy with moving my house that week, I couldn't get it done, but now I'm wondering if it's really worth it. My GP is 6 months old with nearly 6k km done, but haven't had any problems with the steering system.

Has anybody else heard of such a recall by Fiat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    its better to get it done. there are many cases of steering rack failure with puntos. the rack earlier used to cost 36000 rs, now it costs 17000 rs
  8. patidarp

patidarp Timido

Ahmedabad
    Yes. they are replacing the power steering hose in punto also. It is form fiat side. I went to universal ASPI ahmedabad for some minor issue with AC, in addition to solving that they replaced the power steering hose as well. :)

--Fiat Grande Punto 1.2: May 2011
  9. Maverickxx2006

Maverickxx2006 Amatore

Pune
    Is the change for all Puntos? or for models built after specific date?
  10. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    ok so this is applicable to all lineas delivered in 2011 too. power steering hose is ok, but i fear to let these idiot fellows to fiddle with AC.

once the AC circuit is opened its very difficult to get it back to factory specs. i have learnt the AC lesson hard way after doing it on my maruti alto.

so now i have following on my agenda.

1. the rubber shield for covering the blue and me. it will fit below the AC coil

2. The power steering hose pipe

3. AC seals

i think there should be a seperate thread for this where we have all information related to company called replacements.
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2011