1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Power Loss in tjet

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by amit1agrawal, Feb 21, 2011.

1. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Man the issue is more related to speed and gear ratio.maintain the ratio and no krrr noise.
  2. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    During stop and start situation always start from first gear it is better. I started doing this, unlike in my old Palio with NA Engine where i use to start in second gear itself during stop-starts.
  3. amit1agrawal

amit1agrawal Amatore

Bangalore
    Got my vehicle back from service. The service manager told the issue was because of engine tuning.
    I have only been able to test drive once and it looks like the issue is resolved. I can only confirm when I take it out on open road on this weekend.
  4. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Tunning ? ::OO

Is it old generation carburatted engine ?

MJD/FIRE/T-jet these all are fully computerised engine.So no tunning required.

Works Manager has avoided some works. Worst TATA guys they really sucks. :A :A

I don't understand why TATA people gives this type of treatment to FIAT cars ?

Why they don't solve problems related to Turbo ? :confused

I think TATA has problem of inferioty complex.
  5. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Cross Posting from here: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=1101&start=90

6. amit1agrawal

amit1agrawal Amatore

Bangalore
    I also didnt clearly understand what he worked up he said something like he tuned the engine so that the engine idles at the correct rpm level.
    Didn't quite understand how it's related to my problem. May he has been told not to delve much into technical details as it might confuse the customer (not all are technically inclined).
    I only had been to short drive yesterday evening and could test properly due to evening traffic so cant say for sure that the problem is resolved but i felt like the issue is resolved in the short drive I had. Other issues like rattling noise from behind AC vents, clutch not engaging properly, front left wheel bouncing are resolved. He was courteous to call me to infrom that I call him in-case I face these issues and also if to call him and confirm if the issues are resolved.
    @Bhai, pls dont jump to conclusions, the car was serviced in 5 hours! I got a call from service manager before working on the vehicle informing me what all works will be carried out and then before delivery he called up inform me about the works carried out issues resolved and the reason for those issues.
    So Good service, only glitch was that car was not cleaned properly; polish marks all over, dust in carpet, dirt marks in glove box and front left door panel.
  7. tjetdriver

tjetdriver Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    which service center did u take ur car amit ?
  8. amit1agrawal

amit1agrawal Amatore

Bangalore
    Prerana Motors, Hosur Road.Where are you planning to?
  9. amit1agrawal

amit1agrawal Amatore

Bangalore
    Update: Just now coming after test driving the vehicle.went up to 100 in 3rd gear and didn't feel the low intensity jerks so I think the issue is resolved :)
    Btw the mileage has improved considerably. I got 9 for the very spirited driving that I did. Reset the trip, did my normal way of driving (okay little sedate driving) and the mileage is 13.2 over 8 kms in city traffic.
    Just wondering If you put tjet in City what would be the mileage. 17,18 or maybe 19 ;)
  10. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Interesting ! Same problem I am facing in my 90 HP from 1500 KM odometer. Now it has clocked 8100 km.In my case loss of power...pull....loss of power...pull these types of jerks starts from 1600 to 1900 RPM.Jerks vanishes at & after 2000 RPM .
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2012