1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Power drop in my Punto

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Balu Chandra S, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Balu Chandra S: Thats bad on FASS part.
    Is there any local fng you know of? At least you will get to know the root cause and then can get it rectified at FASS.
  2. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    How old is the car? Before purchasing have you verified it's service history? Mileage on ODO is correct? Power loss is always associated with turbo,inter cooler,i ntake manifold and EGR. So focus on these areas.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk
  3. Balu Chandra S

Balu Chandra S Novizio

Trivandrum
    Grande Punto 1.3
    It's 2012 Jan made Active. 2 services were done correctly and missed one service. The reason was the owner was hospitalised. I believe the odo is correct as the dealer from where I bought the car is a friend of my relative . When I bought the car in Dec 2015, it was 20000. Now stands at 28000. Have to find a local workshop to check these things out as FASS didn't checked these. By the way, is there any way we can identify whether odo is tampered?

Sent from my Micromax E471 using Tapatalk
  4. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    You need to check the previous service records. By that you wil get a fair idea on how many miles car has clocked each year. There is no concrete way to find whether ODO has tampered. Any way good luck with diagnosing. For a trial just disconnect EGR and go for a test drive. Just to rule out EGR issue.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk
  5. Umesh Kumar

Umesh Kumar Timido

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    If your problem is yet to be resolved, check your clutch from a fng rather than from Mohandas and see if it is alright. Check turbo plumbing too. FNG would save you time, money and also is hassle free for these inspections to be done in front you. But I think this is the classic power drop issue of mjd that goes away with a restart. EGR cleaning had always been a temporary solution.

OT: Will the service record for a vehicle be given for free from FASS?
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
    Balu Chandra S likes this.
  6. Raghunath Gopalakrishnan

Raghunath Gopalakrishnan Timido

Chennai
    Padi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hello,
    Check the ignition coils. Even if one cylinder fails to fire properly you could face such problems.

Raghunath Gopalakrishnan
  7. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I fully agree with Balu.

If he is sensing low power and poor torque by famous award winning mjd he is right.
    I have also experienced this so called problem of 'Poor performance but no ecu error'.

Unfortunately idiot engineers of Fiat India are unable to solve this problem permanently. They only make large hole to fiat customer's picket by cleaning egr/inlet manifold etc. I used 2 diesel engines for 1.25 lakh km (Dzire & SX4) without cleaning of egr/inlet manifolds.

Fiat dealers charge us of examiner in the sweet name of 'smart repairs' every time without solving problem permanently.

In fact when we clean egr/manifold we get better performance. But this performance is only marginal gain. It is not 100% permanent solution. They never use their brain. They always rely completely on ECU examiner. If no ecu error they will certify that your car is absolutely fine. At last they will declare you a customer with 'Perception' problem.

If any customer take strong objection on this method of fault finding, fiat engineers & top level customer care bosses try to convince him by telling safety,robustness,build quality, ride/handling qualities of car.

In short fiat indirectly tell him that if you want strong, rigid & safety car you have to bear this chronic unsolved problem. Performance like Bajaj minidoor diesel rickshaw.

You will have to use so called strong,safe & rigid car with dull 3rd class performance like bajaj minidoor diesel rickshaw where other 800 to 1000 c.c. non turbo cars easily overtakes you, when you are struggling on highway even you drive your car in proper gear ratio.

I am fed up now. I lost 12 lakhs but no satisfaction. Formerly FGT & now VGT.

P.S. - If you are not encountered this famous problem 'Poor performance but no ecu error' you are lucky & you have got lucky piece. If not then God save you.
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2016 at 10:00 PM
    PradeepM likes this.
  8. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @Reghunath
    Its a multijet Diesel engine .Not a petrol car.
    Petrol engine has ignition coils. Diesel engine has no ignition coils and spark plugs.
    It has glow plug to create heat in combustion chamber of engine for burning fuel