1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Power drop in my Punto

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Balu Chandra S, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Balu Chandra S

Balu Chandra S Novizio

Trivandrum
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hello all,

I am feeling little low when writing this post. Yesterday I went to Thekkady, a hill station in Kerala. But after some time I noticed the drop in power. But I ignored it as I thought it will be because it is a hilly area. Later today when I drove my car, the issue is still there. In gear acceleration is less now. Before my Punto I was owning a Swift and the greatest joy in Punto is less gear down shifts than Swift and I enjoyed that. But now I have to do the same down shifts as in my Swift. I used to drive sedately. When speeding at 80 in 5th gear and slowed down to say 50, even then I can continue in 5th gear and my Punto will gain speed easily. But now it is not. When I pressed the accelerator, it will take it's time to gain speed. Dear fellow TFians I need your valuable inputs if any one of you faced this issue before. Because if I went to FASS and say there is power drop, they won't agree and they couldn't figure it out I believe.
  2. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    50 km/hr in 5th great would keep the RPM at slightly less than 1500, and at this RPM if there is a slope, then the car might find difficult to gather pace, if not down-shifted. Try keeping the RPMs above 2000 RPMs on hills.
  3. Balu Chandra S

Balu Chandra S Novizio

Trivandrum
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The problem I felt is in flat roads and it was going good earlier. In hilly areas I agree that and I kept the rpm around 2000 always.
  4. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    Balu:
    how many kms has it run?
    When is it service due?

Always change your gears around 2000rpm. It keeps engine in sweet spot. 1500rpm strains engine a lot.
    Probably check with FASS. Should not be an issue? Was it with AC or without AC?
  5. Balu Chandra S

Balu Chandra S Novizio

Trivandrum
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I bought my Punto when it was 19k in odo. It was serviced at 18k. Now it's 26k. Anyways will check in FASS next within 3 days. Just checking if any one else faces this problem.

The problem is that, great in gear acceleration was lost now. My Punto was not like this earlier.
  6. Ashok James

Ashok James Novizio

Tenkasi
    Tenkasi
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @Balu Chandra S Are you have installed any after market silencer tip?

Actually i have also faced this same problem. after remove that silencer tip, all working fine.
  7. Balu Chandra S

Balu Chandra S Novizio

Trivandrum
    Grande Punto 1.3
  8. Ashok James

Ashok James Novizio

Tenkasi
    Tenkasi
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Check turbo hose also
    Balu Chandra S likes this.
  9. Balu Chandra S

Balu Chandra S Novizio

Trivandrum
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Ashok James: I will take the car to FASS and check that. Adding to that, my mileage is also low now. I usually drives between 70-100. Earlier I used to get 19-20 for long trips. But currently I am getting only 15kmpl. Is there any connection between these issues. When I said the SA in FASS about low mileage, they simply said that they can't do anything with that. I am astonished, how can they say like that even before checking the car for any problems. I am worried whether they will check the car completely and find out the root cause.
  10. Balu Chandra S

Balu Chandra S Novizio

Trivandrum
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Again bad luck !! I had took my car to Mohandas Motors in Trivandrum. First time they said like workshop is full of cars and my car can be delivered only on next day. I have to do booking to get it on the same day. So I have done the appointment for next Wednesday, hoping that I could get the car same day. On Wednesday I gave the car and told the details about Power drop, mileage drop, steering vibration above 80, headlight throw not good etc to the SA. When I called them at evening, to my surprise they said the work is not completed and will be ready by only next day noon, as they are checking on the power drop issue. Ok cool.. I thought like they have found out the root cause of the power and mileage drop issues and may require time to fix it. Next day evening I went to take the car. Again surprise, the bill is only Rs.836. I asked what was repaired? They told that power drop issue, they couldn't found out. They felt the car is ok. For mileage problem, they have cleaned air filter. So the total work they have done is below:
    1. Air filter cleaning
    2. Wheel balancing
    3. Headlight focusing
    4. Washing

In addition they have done something with right door lock, as they have identified some issue and charged 300 for that, though I have not complained anything about the door lock. God knows what was happened actually.

For all these works, it will take maximum 4-5 hrs. Instead of that they have kept the car for 2 days.
    Pathetic ... :(

Now whether the issues got resolved...
    A big Nooo...
    Power drop remains same.
    Mileage is still around 15.
    Headlights are still in same level.

I am very much disappointed...

Don't know where I will get these fixed.

Sent from my Micromax E471 using Tapatalk