1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

power dips and comes back

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by theblack, May 18, 2013.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Yes my car is remapped but i doubt if its because of that. The only thing i can say is that it does not happen always so if its the remap then it should happen always.
    Secondly I dont remember if this had occurred earlier as well since its just been too long to remember.

Anyway i can find out what the problem is. I dont fell the drop in power for more than a few secs and that too not always.
    Apart from that there is really nothing much I can say. Any help is deeply appreciated.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Get the EGR cleaned firstly. That way, you can be sure it's not the EGR causing the issue.
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    EGR, intercooler and manifolds were cleaned just about 500kms before
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Well that's a bummer then. Was the EGR solenoid valve confirmed clean and moving? Many a times it sticks due to the soot accumulation and does not move even though the ECU sends the signal. I am facing something similar on the Linea and believe it is the clogged EGR and stuck valve.

Even after cleaning the EGR, if the solenoid does not move, the symptoms will stay the same. So you must make sure the valve is moving when getting the EGR cleanup done.

Cheers.
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    hmm. Thanks
    This is something I dont even know . Time for another strip down i guess
  6. abhiiceman

abhiiceman Amatore

Bangalore
    hmm..actually even i experience this its very annoying.i actually though its the turbo lag :D...car is just 700kms old
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    the effect is more pronounced when AC is on. that's what i've felt.
    Anyway these days i'm not seeing it or may be its vanished without a trace