1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Post your engine coolant queries here

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by sungoa2010, Jul 20, 2011.

1. hello everyone,

I lodged a complaint with FIAT about the response of TASS regarding coolant top up with water only. I have also mailed the complaint to florina kamble as suggested by Fiat customer care. Let's see what happens. Hope I will soon get a reply from them. In any case, we don't have to give our ear to foolish ideas given by service guys. I think going strictly by the manual of FIAT will add years of life to our Cars.
  2. eldrid

eldrid Amatore

London, United Kingdom
    London, United Kingdom
    Grande Punto 1.4
    After having my AC upgraded suddenly one day i noticed that there was a pool of green liquid under my car. I wondered what this could be since we have pink coolant and not green as in other cars so i decided to check myself and started the engine and ac and waited for a while. I noticed that the green liquid was leaking from where the ac hoses connect the radiator(turns out this was compressor oil). i also noticed that even the coolant was leaking on the other side(guess it was poor fitting done at the service centre). had this rectified havent had much trouble since....but recently i noticed my coolant is again at minimum shall try and have it checked soon.
  3. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Green coolant mus be golden sunstar which they recommend for tata vehicles.they , bharati in jogeshwari, bombay too put sunstar in my Linea when I went for coolant change.I made them flush out the full coolant and refill with Fiat recommended one.u have yo be careful with TASS.
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2011
  4. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

Hi,

Took my Punto for the second free service one month back. I noticed the coolant level is above the max limit by few millimeters. I was expecting it to go to the optimum limit after few days but it hasn't budged from the initial level. Can this create any issue? How can I remove the excess amount of coolant?

R,
    Vishnu
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Did you check the coolant level on a cold engine?
  6. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

Yes Sirji! Check today morning as well.
  7. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Few MM wont make any difference.
    1 person likes this.
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    On a cold engine , the level should be between the MAX and the MIN (according to the Owner's Manual) . If on a cold engine, the level is above MAX, then there is surely an excess of coolant.

One simple way of removing the excess coolant can be straight from the overflow bottle - use a pipe and draw some coolant through it into a clean bottle, till the level comes between MAX and MIN ( Do this only on a cold engine). Check the level again the next day.

Or , let TASS handle it. But it's a simple thing and can be done at home.

Cheers.
  9. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    When it comes to diluting the coolant clean water is k for a mixture although its mentioned demineralised water in the booklet.Even during my change of coolant the tASS made the mixture with clean water.first the old coolant was flushed out then water was put in the coolant container of the car and engine was made to run for few minutes and the water was flushed out again.Then they added 4 litres of paraaflu and again made the engine to run and shut and added clean drinking water till the coolant level reach the max level.I CONTACTED ALMOST ALL TASS in mumbai and all said drinking water is fine and it should not be boring/hard water,Even the guy from Fiat told me the same.
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    The specifications given in manuals are as result of many research trials. A person in TASS or even in Fiat may not able to digest the full technical details. That is why they tell it is OK. If the specifications are for demineralised water then using ordinary drinking water may not be a good idea since it contains minerals unless in unavoidable situations.