1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Post your engine coolant queries here

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by sungoa2010, Jul 20, 2011.

1. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Total capacity of cooling system of linea is approx 7.5 ltr
  2. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I have observed that coolant dries up faster if it is over diluted, that is, if we keep adding only distilled water. It doesn't dry up faster if we add the 60-40% mixture. I don't know whether this has any logic, but seems true. May be because of this, the engine heats too much thereby triggering the "noisy fan" too frequently.

Though TASS people keep saying "we have added concentrated coolant, you keep adding water when the level goes down", I decided not to dilute the coolant anymore and during my recent long trip, I bought a litre of coolant at KVR dream vehicles, kannur.
    Praflu is available in sealed one litre bottle. Cost Rs. 244.00
    1 person likes this.
  3. bak

bak Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    fiatlover +1 to that, i totally agree to your point. Coolant level drops quickly if it is over dilluted.
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mods Note - Threads Merged.
  5. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Most TASS fill the full coolant say as in my case 4 ltrs of paraflu concentrated and then add water after running for some Kms and so on till the level stabalise.So i must have added around 2.5 litres of water.Full 7.5 liters mixtures doesn't go inside as some coolant/water remains in the radiator even after flushing.
  6. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    Very true amit.I recently got my 3rd service done.Cost was Rs312/- since my car has only run 8000kms so no major work only changed Air filter and Ac filter.My OEM filter had a black spongy type material covered on it but its not on the new one that i changed.Cost cutting?? Or i got fooled??
  7. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    the black sponge is the foam, the filter has foam + paper element.

i will have to check whether on the new filters this foam is missing. strange though. it traps a lot of dust.
  8. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    OEM filter that came with car had foam in the bottom while replacement OEM filter's do not have foam at the bottom they have a 1mm cotton instead.
    It have been the same from 2009, don't know the reason behind this as new car still come with foam at bottom but replacement filter come without foam.
    OEM replacement filter's are very poorly made with irregular sealing gasket height, in the last service I had to reject 4 filters for same reason.
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Usually TASS people take one or two day for servicing. So we cannot be there while they do the work. How do we then trace about the kind of work that people are doing. For example how do we know that they have actually changed the filter.
  10. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    Amit im planning to change to sum after market Air filter.Hate the current ones.Requires frequent cleaning.Any suggestions??