1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Post your engine coolant queries here

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by sungoa2010, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Maverickxx2006

Maverickxx2006 Amatore

Pune
    Ok will check the locations you have mentioned. The coolant was flushed and the coolant tank was just replaced a week ago. Earlier the coolant tank was almost dark and the coolant was very viscous with some deposits. Its bit better now. I asked if there is any oil leak, the technician said no, he said the coolant is not oily. But will check anyways. My coolant tank has been "dark" for 3-4 years now.

If there is minor leak in radiator, do you need to replace the entire radiator?? Whats the cost of the radiator?
  2. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi,
    Check Page 24 of this thread where my similar problem was discussed and shams had replied with explanation. Do you remember how many litres of coolant was put in the tank when it was changed?. JFI the tank capacity is 7.2 litres approx.

Regards
    Kiran
  3. vtlreja2

vtlreja2 Amatore

rajkot
    mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Well m not interested in warranty anymore. But m in for my car's health ( preventive maintenance u can call it)
    All I wanna know whether coolant's color will change or not on its degrade so that, I can decide when to change it:)
  4. Revv

Revv Amatore

Chinchwad, Pune
    Chinchwadgaon Pune
    Linea 1.4
    @Maverickxx2006 Its better to replace radiator than repair it. It doesn't cost a lot as far I know(About 3K for 1.4 FIRE). You can repair it for lower cost but then again reliability is always a concern. Before buying please check its cost on 99rpm.
  5. Maverickxx2006

Maverickxx2006 Amatore

Pune
    I just checked on 99RPM site, there are two available

1) Kale make = Rs 8,810
    2) BEHR make = Rs 3,490

Which one to select? I have not yet checked which make is the stock radiator.
  6. SANTOSH SINGH

SANTOSH SINGH Timido

PANIPAT
    Sir same here, after the ride of 100 kms my coolant level goes down by 1 litre,I have filled my coolant tank thrice and the results are the same
  7. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Maverickxx2006 : Were you able to fix the issue? any update?
    found below info on one of the TFI thread.
    Kale Vs BEHR:
    Only difference between the two is that behr system is completely sealed with help of rubber flaps from all four sides so radiator fan can,t suck air from gap between these parts forcing all air to flow through condenser and it makes huge difference when temp is high outside.
    If its kale get it sealed with help of foam from all four sides

http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/weak-air-conditioner-in-punto-1-3-mjd-active.12437/