Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by sungoa2010, Jul 20, 2011.
Will post pics showing how to change coolant by tomorrow.
No idea about power steering oil
Thank you Vijay ji
Sent from my RM-914_im_india_269 using Tapatalk
please post it soon.
Ensure that engine is dead cold before performing any steps there could be head warp if you pour cold coolant into hot engine and ensure that car is not parked on an incline
1. Remove the drain nut from radiator bottom after placing drain pan below (large one which can hold approx 7 ltrs)
2. Loosen coolant tank cap
3. Loosen bleed cap on.
4. Close drain cap but keep bleed cap open
5. Start pouring Paraflu UP ready coolant and fill till top of coolant tank
6. Observe the bleeder cap area once the flow is steady without any bubbles close it and top up coolant if required and close coolant tank cap
7. Start engine and let it run till the fan comes on the level would drop now add coolant as required.
8. Keep a check on coolant level daily for a week and topup if required.
View from right top ride side of radiator
From bottom, you have to remove this drain nut to drain coolant keep a drain pan below the car.
Bleeder screw position top left of radiator
FASS at Thane charged me for 5 ltrs of coolant (they claimed to flush the older one and refill) for my Punto 90 HP. Total cost Rs. 885/- Is this normal? From what I am reading in this forum, the mixture is 40-60 and I should be charged accordingly. Any pointer will be useful.
There are two types of coolant they keep, one is pre-mixed with water, and ready to use. Other without any mix, one need to mix distilled water.
Do check with them which type they has mixed.
BTW, if full flush, means it might go down in couple of days. Do check the coolant level in few days, if level is down, top it up with distilled water, or take it to FASS, and clarify all confusions.
Thanks Ravi. I will check the coolant level and take up with FASS accordingly. The part number they said in bill is 59117409. Does this help identifying whether it is pre-mixed or otherwise? Also the price at Rs. 176.89 per litre seems high to me for a pre-mix, though I may be wrong.
I observed a red colored rust at the entry point of engine coolant. Is any obe experienced similar issue with 1.3 MJD engine. my car model is 2011 Punto Active MJD .please refer the photo and advise, it is a danger signal from coolant system
From picture, I can't make out if it is indeed rust, but if it is, get it checked and corrected from service center soon.
Coolant should not make any rust to metal body.
That is not rust its dried coolant. Take it to ASS they would check if hose is damaged or clip have failed.
Separate names with a comma.