1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Post your engine coolant queries here

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by sungoa2010, Jul 20, 2011.

1. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    @gurjinder

Yes sir.I checked the level in the morning when the engine was completely cold.There was one leak which i noticed before the aniversary meet,just a screw was loose,tightened it at TASS.After that also the level is goin down.Im maintaining the level between minimum and maximum, i dont overfill.I will check the chocolatey gooey stuff that u told and report back asap.But when should i check the melody chocolatey stuff :D cold or hot??

EDIT :

Checked it just now when the engine was hot.No melody choclatey stuff.Pheew!! *sign of relief*
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Good to hear that. Also give the engine oil dipstick a checkup for ''melody hai chocolatey'', forgot to tell earlier.

That would and should rule out internal leakage.

External leakages shouldn't be that much of an issue to rectify.

Cheers!
  3. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    @gurjinder

Sirji i even checked the dipstick it was just oil.Little bit dark brown.But no melody chocolatey stuff!! I also noticed one thing that the coolant level is stuck at its place now.On the border.Just below minimum theres one reservoir line.Thats it!!
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    @pioneeraron : If possible post a picture of engine oil so that we get a better idea of how dark it is.
  5. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    @sungoa and gurjinder

here you go :

DSC01879.jpg

DSC01880.jpg
  6. gurjinder

Punjab
    Aaron, oil is ok , just a bit dirty but no worries on the "melody hai chocolatey" part.

Has the coolant level dipped again? In the pic , it's below MIN.

And the lower hose clamp does not seem to be a factory one. Maybe changed at the dealer. Because original hose clamps aren't the screw types.
    Not that it will cause any issue, but it just caught my eye.

Gurjinder.

DSC01879.jpg
  7. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    @gurjinder

Buddy this is all happening after the Royal AC update.I dont know about the hose clamp,ya maybe its dealer fitted since everything was new including pipes etc.Ya the coolant level is this much past 1week.It's still nor come on top nor gone down.The arrow that u've pointed out is the one that i tightened at TASS :-D It was leaking from there before not anymore.
  8. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Iam also facing same problem. After making strong complaint of dealer.
    He done proper level. Marked the coolent can with sticker tape. & signed.

Now I am watching the level daily. This problem started after the cleaning of Inlet manifold & intercooler.

Prima-facie possibility of cracked gasket of Inlet Manifold. I will update.
  9. gurjinder

Punjab
    Totally un-related. Coolant level going down can never be a product of a faulty intake manifold gasket or a intercooler cleanup.

As always, you're wildly speculating.

Gurjinder.
  10. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    This not speculation. Works Manager of TATA ASS told me.