1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Post your engine coolant queries here

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by sungoa2010, Jul 20, 2011.

1. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I observed a slight loss of coolant in my mjd punto, around 30-40 ml occassionally and I top it up with distilled water. But this loss is over a long period of time and not very regular phenomenon.
  2. Sam

Sam Amatore

Mumbai
    Right, because for coolant to evaporate there needs to be some escape route in the coolant lines and AFAIK the coolant lines are pressuried so essentially an escape route may not exist easily except for overflow valve or leaky cap. And there are chances for coolant to mix with engine oil if the gaskets are developing tiny leak thus evaporating it in exahust.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    The only possible cause of coolant going down in a healthy engine is a leak, howsoever tiny or large. You just cannot burn/evaporate the coolant in a healthy engine. If the level is going down, howsoever slowly, it's just a leak. I am facing a very minor leak in the Linea's coolant system but have chosen to ignore it.

Cheers.
  4. jaggu916

jaggu916 Novizio

Coimbatore

totally makes sense, thanks for the enlightenment.

- - - Merged Post - - -

thats more than reassuring, thanks...
  5. avnsiva

avnsiva Amatore

Chennai
    Like many of us who have upgraded to Mobil1 Delvac in the Engine Oil area, is there any better coolant than Paraflu? I was searching on the grading of coolants, but finding it difficult to understand.

Is it possible to find a better coolant than Paraflu?

Has anyone used the Motul Inugel Expert Coolant? Saw it in 99rpm
  6. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

TFIan 'theblack' has used that coolant. Check with him.
  7. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Do check the below area also for leakage...

This part is called FLEX HOSE with COLLAR

and it cost me approx Rs. 1148 including labor.

Sent from my RM-846_im_india_233 using Tapatalk

WP_20131115_001.jpg

WP_20131115_002.jpg

WP_20131118_001.jpg
  8. I am using motul from past 8000kms,i find no difference at all.
  9. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    Unsure if this helps, but thought its a good info :
    PARAFLU UP is a concentrated protective fluid for radiators. It is a Monoethylene Glycol base fluid, formulated with organic inhibitors based on O.A.T. (Organic Acid Technology). Also suitable for professional use. PARAFLU UP is a specific protective fluid CHARACTERISTICS
    Advanced stringent laboratory tests by PLI show that PARAFLU UP meets all requirements even in extreme running conditions. PARAFLU UP mixed with 50% water allows:
    The maintenance of the protecting characteristics of the inhibitor agents.
    Optimal heat removal from the engine combustion chamber.
    The maximum protection against: - Cavitation and electrical discharge; - Freezing (down to extern
    ADVICE ON USE
    For proper use of the product, Manufacturers recommendations must be followed.
    When refilling, in order to restore the level of the fluid, the product must be mixed with 50% water.
    Do not use the product concentrated.
    Do not mix products of different brands
    RECOMMENDED BY
    Fiat, Lancia, Alfa Romeo and Irisbus.

Technical Data
    FIAT 9.55523 CONTRACTUAL TECHNICAL REF.N°F101.M01, ASTM D 3306 Type 1, CUNA NC 956-16, CHRYSLER MS 12106

Source : Lubricants and engine oils Selenia Italia
  10. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Even if you fill pure distilled water in cooling system you won't find any difference at all in drive. You can use any coolant after the old one is completely removed from system. I currently have old green coolant in system and it performs same as Paraflu just change it every 30k/2 year instead of Paraflu's 60k/2 year interval.
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2013