1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Post your engine coolant queries here

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by sungoa2010, Jul 20, 2011.

1. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai

Good that the problem got fixed. You can try TAFE on greams road as they have good reviews on TFI. If its a normal service without any issue to fix you can do that from concorde ECR for the last time as we will move to FIAT service centre soon ;)
  2. dhans4all

dhans4all Amatore

Chennai
    Tafe at greams road always. please dont go to ECR concorde as many of my friends had a bad experience with them. my friends linea went for a regular service and they forgot to tight the coolent dry nut which leads to the leakage of coolent.
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi italia-Linea,
    how did you got resolved this leakage problem ?
    these days i'm facing the same after thousand KMS coolant level drops :(
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  4. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    i'm not getting my car serviced at FASC anymore and i have decided to pay them visits only when i have a genuine case of parts replacement.
    On that note i've realized that FASC is not giving me coolant off the shelf like our TASS guys did and in case i need it i will be doomed, so in such a case

1.) Can i go in for aftermarket coolants?
    2.) How are these coolants rated and has anyone tried anything new yet?
    3.) what are the good brands available out there.
  5. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Seems we both are sailing in the same boat. Recently, I took my vehicle to the third scheduled service to Tejaswi motors, Hyderabad, they refused me to accompany my vehicle during the service then I said I am not willing to get the service done in my absence, for which I denied and I drove out of the service center. Now, I have to source all the consumables from outside the FASS.

check the following link.

PARAFLU "UP" RED ANTIFREEZE FIAT ALFA ROMEO 1 LITRE | eBay
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2013
  6. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Somehow I'm not ready to buy such integral stuff over ebay.

My question is just the way we have engine oil grades we also have coolant grade and matching them and then buying an aftermarket coolant wouldn't help?
    Right now I have a good stock of coolant so at least for the next 1 year I'm safe and after that I can speak to the SA and get paraflu off the counter as well. But I'm just playing safe here.
  7. hilroy

hilroy Timido

Goa
    Well in goa too the dealer does not allow to accompany the vehicle and i cannot be certain as to whether the fluids are changed and servicing done or not....
    anyways, as for the coolant/antifreeze, i happened to check the motul website and it is suggesting Motul Inugel Optimal as an antifreeze for FIAT (Ind) MJD cars....
    can anyone confirm it and suggest from where to source it down to goa?????
  8. jaggu916

jaggu916 Novizio

Coimbatore
    what is the normal coolant evaporation loss for mjd linea? anyone please enlighten...
  9. Sam

Sam Amatore

Mumbai
    AFAIK, if you don't have any leakage in the coolant circuit there should be no loss whatsoever. However if you have just gotten the coolant replaced, the level will drop down based on the displacement of air within the lines as and when its pumped around.
  10. jaggu916

jaggu916 Novizio

Coimbatore
    thanks, so no evaporation loss is what you say...but many have mentioned in this thread about loss in coolant level without any leakage whatsoever...will observe...