1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Post your engine coolant queries here

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by sungoa2010, Jul 20, 2011.

1. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

I was told by TAFE that they do not sell fluids OTC. Was disappointed and remembered seeing Paraflu in a small shop in GP road, went there and picked up a couple of litres today.

I need someone to clarify this, people have said that mineral water can be used instead of distilled but aren't they both different? I mean mineral water contains few salts and minerals for atleast the well known brands and they would do no good other than forming salts within the radiator.

Checked few fuel pumps, they had some local brand of distilled water in unsealed aquafina bottles which reads for battery use.

AC water is a good option but I do not have access to the water right now. :D

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2
  2. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Packaged drinking(mineral) water still contains about 15 to 40% dissolved salts. It's always safer to use distilled water.
    1 person likes this.
  3. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    Dont get those unsealed aquafina bottles or ac water. Get proper distilled water packed at 20rs per litre from battery shops. I buy from amaron pitstop anna nagar chennai. It will also be available in other battery shops as well but make sure it is sealed. Once i almost bought an unsealed bottle from a very small battery shop. When i was about to pay for it i tried bargaining for 15rs :D then this guy says, saaar....i have mixed acid in this water. It is very costly outside. I was like omg! Thank goodness this guy told me else my radiator would have blown off. Lesson learnt. Never buy unsealed distilled water

tasting the Italian delight!
    1 person likes this.
  4. donzerus

donzerus Timido

Chennai
    Indian Oil petrol bunks sell "Diet" branded distilled water.
  5. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Diet Water :evilsmile
    1 person likes this.
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    You don't want your Linea to lose her curves, do you? Diet water it has to be :evilsmile

Rajan
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
    4 people like this.
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Ol la la ..Diet Petrol plz..
    1 person likes this.
  8. zudarpg

zudarpg Timido

Chennai
    I am also facing same issue in my Punto 1.4, the coolant level has come down by approx 1 litre within one week time after the second service. Infact this issue was highlited to the service guy and he said that the clip was little loose but it seems he has loosened the clip i think instead of tightening since it is getting reduced very drastically:confused:. This week end i am taking the vehicle again to concord ECR service station but my heart says they can not rectify this. Let me try with them and update the team.
  9. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai

Don't take it to concorde ECR as they have many bad reviews in this forum.
  10. zudarpg

zudarpg Timido

Chennai
    I took the vehicle on saturday and they identified the issue and replaced the coolant line which goes in to AC under warranty. As of today there is no drop in the coolant level and hope it will remain same.

Can you please suggest me a better service center in chennai. I hope this is the last service at concord as Fiat will open their own center by Apr'13.