1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Post your engine coolant queries here

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by sungoa2010, Jul 20, 2011.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Only if the coolant level is drastically low will you notice your car overheating. If it's just marginally low and you need topping up then you wouldn't even notice it on the temperature gauge.

Needle remaining in the centre is controlled by the thermostat+fans which keep the engine at a optimum temperature. Not too cold nor too hot. And FIAT has excellent thermostat control system. The needle will always stay rock steady at the mid - be it a chilly winter or blistering heat.

This thing might be taken for granted nowadays, but for guys like me who used to drive with a newspaper wrapped around the radiator in the winters, it's much appreciated!
    2 people like this.
  2. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4

The needle will move to H when the coolant sump dries up and results in engine overheating. Best you can do is to check the coolant level periodically, and ensure that it doesnt go below the minimum mark.
    Adding distilled water is better than driving the car with the coolant level low.
    1 person likes this.
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    coolant level as below

IMG_20120923_131929.jpg
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Offtopic
    completed KMS....

in 1 year 5 months loved that 4 9's on the ODO....

IMG_20120922_190008.jpg
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Just top it up mate. See if you can get a bottle of Paraflu UP from TASS over the counter.

If not, just put in water. And keep checking level regularly. If the level drops again, get it checked. Might be a leak somewhere.

Cheers.
    1 person likes this.
  6. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Let the "Water" be distilled water.
    1 person likes this.
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I just noticed that my coolant level has come down .. Its now hovering between MIN and MAX (inclining towards MIN) .
    Now i want to top it up but don't have paraflu with me Have to go to TASS for that .. so I was wondering if there is a way to know if there is a better coolant than paraflu .
    2.) It it even going to make a difference if i move away from paraflu?
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Stick to Paraflu. Get a 1L can from TASS and keep a 50-50 mixture with distilled water.
  9. Aviator

Aviator Amatore

Delhi / Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    What's the price of Paraflu Up Coolant at TASS??? Also where can i get SC35 windshield washer fluid, and of which brand it is????
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  10. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3