1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Post your engine coolant queries here

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by sungoa2010, Jul 20, 2011.

1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Fiat doesn't use green coolant. Stick to paraflu. Did you paid for the paraflu again. It shouldn't be green. Write it to fiat and they will contact the TASS. Mixing of different coolant is not recommended.

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

@theblack: concentrated coolant is not good for engine. It will not circulate as freely as the mixture.
  2. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    It was done at Bharati Auto , bombay and the TASS already shut down.But the guy at Wasan (quite experienced )told me that there is no issues when both the synthetic.

Although the coolant was poured in concentrated but I had added almost 3 litres of water later.
  3. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Green colr coolant is for Palio. I think the make is still Paraflu.

Though Fiat recommended Paraflu Orange coolant is desirable, any other coolant would also do. No issues. In emergencies, even plain water can beused temporarily.
  4. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3

Now i think more than year has passed.would u guys advise me to change the coolant to the paraflu red or continue with the same.I have no problem with the engine.

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

Now i think more than year has passed.would u guys advise me to change the coolant to the paraflu red or continue with the same.I have no problem with the engine.
  5. s_mehta

s_mehta

coolant

Hi

Have asked this question before once briefly, but in the last 2 days i visited the pump to refill and the attendant opened the coolant reservoir and dipped a stick in and removed it and told me that whats in the reservoir is water

the level is above the 'max' line - car has been driven for 1200 km - but when running, the temperature level on the dash is exactly at the halfway mark.

do i need to pay heed to the petrol pump guy ? is coolant supposed to be liquidy ?
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mods Note - Threads Merged.
    Please search before creating new thread.
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Maybe the pump guy wanted to see Chocolate Shake in the coolant bottle. :lol:

Ignore him and whatever he says. The only way to check coolant level is when the car has been standing overnight and the engine is dead cold.
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    today i have found that my engine coolant level have gone down,hence driven to TASS for the top up and for minor checks of the steering.
    The SA told to get it topped up but the coolant was not available with the TASS then tthe SA told to pour distilled water ?
    i refused hime for distilled water and asked about the coolant brand he told just ask RED COOLANT :confused .
    Please tell me which coolant brand shall i use ?
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Did you check the level on a dead cold engine after the car was standing overnight.

How much below the MIN mark was the level.
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    if engine coolant have been given then why the needle always remains in the centre why doesnt it shifts towards C or H,
    i have seen when engine is cold the needle @ C and after running slowly moves and stops @ middle,now when the engine coolant level have gone down then theoretically the needle should move towards H ?
    how can we recognise the symptons of low coolant level ?

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

Nopes,i will do that tomorrow morning with snap as well