1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Post your engine coolant queries here

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by sungoa2010, Jul 20, 2011.

1. sriramr9

sriramr9 Amatore

The Car has run close 200-250kms after the top-up now and i do not see a considerable difference in the Level of the coolant getting lost, as it used to be earlier, does it mean there is no Leak anywhere else ?

What happened to the coolant that came from the factory, how did that get lost ? Should i still wait for a few more hundred's kms to be run on ODO to finally say there is no issue related to Leaks.

I hear a considerable Hiss from the rear part of the car and when asked to Service@fiapl.com they replied with the below.
    Any 2012 punto owners pl let me know if you experience the same with your MJD's.

""Dear Sir,
    Thank you for your communication.
    If the sound is coming from rear pl check the silencer hook (rubber part). The sound may be due to that.
    Pl confirm the same with dealer as physical inspection details the root cause, we only can give you the probable cause.
    With warm regards,
    Ashish Bhattacharya,
  2. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    Top up now and then observe it for week whether coolant level goes down again. If there is considerable decrese in the level, then there is a leak somewhere.
    Check all the joints of the radiator hose for any leakage- if there is any leakage, you will see pink marks of dried up coolant. Check for any marks of dried up coolant on the floor or on the engine guard plate.
  3. Gandalf

MH 46
    Coolant levels should not go down . If its hapenning ,check for leakages. I remember when i bought my car , i had marked the coolant level , even today after one and half year with 17000km the coolant level is still the same. During the free services i made sure that the service guys don't touch the coolant box. :D
  4. sriramr9

sriramr9 Amatore

It has been about ten days now, since the coolant reservoir was filled up and the car has run from 1927kms to 2400KMs now. No sign of decrease till this moment, the level maintains above the Max mark when the engine is piping hot and slightly lowers down as the engine cools up fully.

I do not see any prominent leaks on the Hose like dried up coolant stains, leaks in the floor, any unusual staining on the engine bay etc. The only thing i did after the top up was done was adding little qty of concentrated Paraflu to match the qty of distilled water topped up by the SVC guy, who did not mix and add and just added the Distilled water and diluted the existing mixture. Hence to match it i added a little concentrated Paraflu. Should this be OK.

How to check the efficiency of the braking, sometimes when i brake i feel i have to press a little more harder foot on the pedal than usual to haul the car down from speed. I see lot of brake dust collecting on both alloys.. Kindly advice
  5. sungoa2010

brake dust is very common especially when we travel long distance. Who knows whether they added distilled water. They might have added hot water.
    Please take special attention when topping up coolant. They are useless and will do the same thing to the next customers also. Tell that people that coolant is not going to obey the TATA CEO they will obey laws of science. They should not play around with it.
  6. sriramr9

sriramr9 Amatore

i doubly ensured them for a mix and top up and they made me sit in a place and the SVC guy came back in two mins and promptly claimed that, sir we have topped the level of the reservoir by filling distilled water alone which is sufficient as the level has not gone too low which may need a mix with paraflu, little i knew then, if there would also be a possibility for them to fill a can of tap water and top it up, really beats me to think on those lines, i was hoping that the top up only consisted of distilled water. I dont think there is a way to ensure this rather than flushing the radiator.
  7. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Hiss sound from rear is normal. Its from fuel pump inside the fuel tank.
  8. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3
    Me also getting that Hiss sound when just turn the ignition key to acc position.
  9. theblack

theblack Esperto

Concorde (on mysore rd) always top up coolant only they dont pour water .. However this coolant has a blend of water + coolant right?
    its not like some concentrated solution that needs to be diluted before pouring it in ,I suppose?
  10. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Am thinking of changing my coolant again as the Bharati auto (now shut down) put Golden Sunstar coolant instead of fiat recommended at round 48000 kms.although I got them flush it out and made them put Fiat recommended but my coolant has turned green color (Golden sunstar coolant color) when I got it checked in wasan recently.I dont how this has happened as the old one was flushed out and 4 liters of Paraflu was put in my presence.The guy told me that little coolant always remains in the radiator.But even though liittle green(sunstar coolant) had remain in the radiator the color should turn brown and no green.The TASS guy told me that even sunstar is synthetic so no problem at all.