1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Post your engine coolant queries here

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by sungoa2010, Jul 20, 2011.

1. A leak near the EGR valve causes coolant level to go down slowly say every 2000 to 2500 kms, it reaches the minimum level...that too if the leak is small...On the other side,, there are lot of puntos whose coolant level goes down, with out any noticeable leaks...this is what SA told me.. And if you go through the posts of our TFI members, you can notice the same..keep the post updated anyway..You should top it up and observe what is going on until the appointment date is due.
    Last edited: May 2, 2012
  2. arun_casio

arun_casio

trivandrum
    DEar it may be due to leakage of coolant pipe.
  3. sriramr9

sriramr9 Amatore

Chennai
    Today as per my appointment with Concorde guys as usual they made a top up with distilled water only, now the level slightly above the Max mark, though the color of the coolant looks more or less the same, light pink, i am yet to narrow down to the problem if at all whether the leak happens again..

Is it OK tor drive around with this mixture or shall i break open my coolant bottle and pour some inside it as part of pre cautionary mesaure.. kindly advice.

i feel a max of 50-100 kms of driving should be fair enough to check for the level decrease, kindly advice. I also got hold of a 1 L bottle of Petronas Paraflu from them for 275 bucks. if it goes down again i should top it up again and fix up an appointment with them exclusively or ask them to look into it during First Service..
  4. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Get a liter of distilled water can from any battery shop out of the paraflu up and distilled make of ready to use radiator antifreeze mix.

To get 1 liter of ready mix take 400 ml. of paraflu up and 600 ml. of distilled water and put that in your boot when the level goes low top it up.

rad antifreeze.jpg
    Last edited: May 4, 2012
  5. M A N U

M A N U Amatore

Bangalore
    checked the coolant level today after 4 months of top up the level was below minimum i have already got it checked 3 times at TASS.
    they say its fixed every time still the level drops every 2-3 months .
    any suggested fix?
    coolant leakage seems to be a common issue in many punto's any permanent solution ?
    where can i buy the coolant in bangalore.
    Last edited: May 13, 2012
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    You can't buy it. You buy a can for top up at TASS and then keep the remaining with you for future use.
    Insist TASS people to find the leakage.
  7. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    My Linea's coolant level was a few mm above the max level just before my Bhutan trip. Even after driving her for 7876 km in extreme cold [as low as 4 deg C in Bhutan] and hot [as high as 41 deg C in Andhra Pradesh/Odisha], the coolant level remains at max level just a few mm less than before starting the trip.
  8. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    So, can we consider a drop in coolant level by a few mm after driving the vehicle for (say) 5,000 Kms. as normal?
  9. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Absolutely normal due to evaporation loss.
  10. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thank you sir, for the clarification.