1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Post your 0 to 100 shots here

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Relativity, Mar 28, 2013.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Agree with you. While it is nice to be able to get some good 0-100 numbers, it is not worth taking a risk of any sort. If in doubt - do not do it.

You mean miles, right? :D

The quoted performance numbers for the T-Jet in reviews is 11.6 Seconds. My first attempt ended at 15.7 seconds and I was able to take a few more tries, till I got to 12.8. I am sure it can be bettered, but I guess that would require a better driver :)

Rajan
    2 people like this.
  2. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    It is standard test to check any car's capability. The question to ask yourself if you enjoy doing it. If you do, follow the instructions above and find an empty stretch and do it carefully.
    2 people like this.
  3. Sam

Sam Amatore

Mumbai
    @Relativity, a query out of curiosity. In the image that you have posted, the HP figure seems a bit strange to me. It says the max HP you got @3239 rpm was 46.6 where as the MJDs blow out full power (75/90 HP) @ 4000 rpm. So for another 800 odd rpms is it going to spit another 45 HPs or am I missing anything obvious?
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2013
  4. Folks, To be able to drive to 100 kmph in 12+ seconds one would needs ability to change gears like test drivers, please be careful it is pretty easy to wreck a gearbox trying to do do shorter time.

I have done 14 seconds using car performance meter but never ever going do it again.
  5. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    will try another run tomorrow and hit 5000 rpm to check how many horses I can get.
  6. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I managed to squeeze 63 HP at the wheel, which means about 75HP at the crank. Not bad for a 90 HP driving through Indian roads.
    The 0-100 numbers will get better eventually.

63HP at the Wheel / 75 on the crank
    2013-04-07 17.28.23.jpg

18.9 second car at the moment, will get better
    2013-04-07 17.27.52.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  7. Roadking

Roadking Amatore

Bangalore KA
    To get accurate results you would need a VBOX to perform the 0-100 test

Had tested my 76hp GP on VBOX and achieved 0-100 in 16.6 sec, which was .1 sec slower than the 90hp GP, the 76hp is quicker than the 90hp by .2 sec for a 0-60 run- thanks to the VGT in the 90hp which makes the drive more linear (no push back in the seat effect when the torque kicks in)
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Frankly, our cars arent really geared for extracting best 0-100 timings. Not to mention the abuse the clutch and drivetrain will endure when doing such runs.

What our FIATs do best are roll-ons. That is where the Multijets shine, especially the Linea.

I wish i had access to some closed road / airstrip to test the timings as on a public road i think it is quite dangerous to take such chances.

Cheers.
    4 people like this.
  9. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    What is a roll-on?
    We are not testing the 0-100 anymore but Maximum HP, Torque & Boost.
    There are plenty of roads at least in Chennai to test these and do the drag races as well. Not sure about other Cities but Motorcity Madras is not for the faint hearted :D
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  10. satishchour

satishchour Timido

Bangalore
    I did not use any particular gadget to get my timings, only the "Stop Watch" in my wife's hand. Did 4 run's of 0-100 on the Empty flat ring road@1:00AM.

Each time I could get to 100 kmph (speedo reading) in 13-14 seconds. Wonder why the official review timings of Punto is 17 seconds, is there such a huge speedo error?

Car used: My Mozzafiato (Grande Punto 75bhp Diesel)

Here's a snap shot of a video taken by my wife during one of the attempts.

0-100 Image.JPG