1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Post your 0 to 100 shots here

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Relativity, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    This is the first time I recorded my laps and obviously it looks terrible. But the good news is it can only get better :)

032813.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Will be helpful if you explain in steps about how to capture the 0-100 timings ? the road conditions,car initial position.
    More precisely if you lets us know how you folowed, the same can be followed by others as well.
    what about the snap ? is it an application ?
    1 person likes this.
  3. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    My stupid question:
    Why do we want to test 0-100 time ? Are we race testing ours vehicles?
    Someone may become crazy about getting the best 0-100 time and end up in something drastic!
    7 people like this.
  4. Arkin

Arkin Amatore

I got between 15 and 16 seconds over 2-3 trials using the "Car performance" app (IIRC) on Android. About the same using a stopwatch.

EDIT: I completely agree with Thulasi. We did the runs under safe conditions more than a year ago.
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    its just for our knowledge,what's wrong in knowing our car's speed timings.This will be one time activity to record the speed. ?
    1 person likes this.
  6. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Nothing wrong in knowing our car's capabilities.
    Take a look at the video I posted in the Off topic thread! :)
  7. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Well, let's just say this thread is for people who know how to drive safely and where to go to test the limits of their car :)
    The screenshots are from the "Torque" App easily available from Google Play store. This is a paid version priced at Rs. 250
    The OBD II scanner is a Vgate sourced from the US.
  8. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    Relativity,

I wanted to try this but I feel bad to push my car hard, I want to handle her like an angel ;) Isn't 0-60 a better metric ?
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I was able to get about 12.8 Seconds 0-100 on my T-Jet, using the same Torque Pro app. I did not save the screenshot, though. I will try and capture a screenshot and post, when I get an opportunity to try again.

Word of caution for everyone who wants to try this:

1. Choose a nice stretch of road, with almost zero traffic.
    2. Watch fellow road users carefully, before taking off. You never know how a surprised driver of some tin box car might react
    3. Best to try this early in the morning, when the roads are relatively empty. Outside the city would be best, if possible.
    4. Choose a straight stretch - at least 2 to 3 km straight line visibility
    5. Choose a divided highway, if possible

Last but not the least - DO NOT try this, if you are not confident. It is not worth it. Also, please remember, this is not an attempt to set a record or something and you are not competing to get from 0-100, faster than the others. Trick to get faster - short shifting. If you are in the 3rd gear within the first 5 seconds, you can probably get the best your car can give.

Please be safe. Do not put yourself or fellow road users in danger, just to post a screen shot here. If you cannot get decent 0-100 figures, that is OK. We understand. Bottom line - Do it if you know how to, without putting anyone in risk - including yourself.

Rajan
    5 people like this.
  10. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Man, this is amazing timing :clap Easily can give any car run for its money.
    1 person likes this.