1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Post Photographs Of Your Present/Past/Future Vehicles Here

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by J Ravi, Dec 14, 2011.

1. anoop

anoop Superiore

The apache in fog picture is really nice. Where was it taken?

A properly prepared black Gypsy is a thing of beauty. When ever I think about a black gypsy, this is the image comes to my mind first:

More pics here
    1 person likes this.
  2. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    That place is ponmudi.. trivandrum. there are many more in my fb...add me there

i ve been following almost all 4X4 thread in t bhp for a long time..arnd 3-4 years.... this was also one which inspired me. hopefully in about 3 years, prices of used mpfi kings should go down a bit.
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3

1. Bajaj Chetak 1984- My father owned a scooter- Bajaj Chetak 1984. Sky blue color. We do not have any photograph of it as far I remember. Will try to see if I have any when I am at home. We sold it in 1998. I had learnt driving on this scooter back in 1997-1998 and used to call it mine. :)

2. Hero Honda Karizma 2004- I bought a Moon Yellow Karizma 225 back in 2004 when I got admission in medical college. Kept it for 6 years and sold it last month.

Vehicles at PRESENT:

1. Pre-abused Kinetic Honda ZX 1996- We bought it in 2002 so that I may save energy while going for tuition classes I had joined. But I used to spend more energy trying to kick start it every time it stalled on the roads. Classic example of why you should stay away from vehicle classified ads saying "lady driven". Still I respect this as my first vehicle and it is parked at our home even now.

2. FIAT Grande Punto MJD 2010

Adding a Honda ACTIVA in future. The Karizma has been sold last month and I have booked a Honda Activa.
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
    3 people like this.
  4. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

@Varun ..I was always thinking why not a Gypsy with an MJD engine :confused: You hardly take it off road. Many like Gypsy, but the low mileage was an aspect that was keeping people away.
  5. Anoop ,
    Those were great snaps ..
    In one of those picslools like you were in a bad mood and was trying to derail some train on that day ? :)

Jokes apart .. i twas indeed a great set of collection .

1 person likes this.
  6. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

I like the new terminology, YB.;)
    1 person likes this.
  7. Ravi sir, firstly, many thanks for starting such a wonderful thread and secondly, your pictures where just brilliant!

Now, time for some from me:

It's a 1988 Ambassador Mark 4. I was the fourth owner and after much struggle I finally managed to convince my dad to buy an Amby for my college duties. Used it for just over a year and did 10k kms before selling it to make way for the Uno. This amby was powered by the Toyota 2C diesel engine and had power steering,AC and all.

2001 Uno 1.7 ELX.jpg

It's a 2001 Uno 1.7 ELX, was being used as a office car in my brother-in-law's factory and I aquired it in 2007. Gave it a complete makeover once I got it. It had done 1.45 lakh kms when it came to me and i did close to 30k kms and was finally sold in Sep2011 when it had completed over 1.8 Lakh kms.

It's a 2002 Palio 1.2 Sport, the very first Sport in Coimbatore. Served great for over 8 years and we did close to 80k kms before selling it in 2010 to make way for the Palio MJD.

I got this Spark LPG in 2010 and used it for almost 2years in Chennai. Perfect car for the city (but not as perfect as the UNO), I drove around 19k kms and currently given it over to my sister as I drive the Palio now. My bad luck was that AutoLPG prices were rising ever since I bought it. :(

Linea MJD Emotion Pack. Got this is Feb2011 and primarily used by my dad and has clocked 10k kms now. Have added RaceChip and KN filters to it.

Palio MJD.jpg

Palio MJD, Got this in June 2010 in the dhamaka offer. Clocked 20k kms and is doing wonders. Running it in full stock without any mods.

Last but now the least, my prized possession.

This pic was taken in 1988 when I was 3 yrs old, and yes, it is me seated on the car. :p

It's a 1964 MK2 Amby, got by my grand dad. Was with us till 2002 when my dad had to sell it to make way for the Palio 1.2. It was after a lot of struggle, that I finally managed to buy it back in March 2010.

It's currently powered by the 1.9 litre TATA diesel and is in re-build process. Hope to get it back on the road in a couple of months time.

If any of you are interested, more details of my Amby is in here The Story of my Amby - Team-BHP
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
    10 people like this.
  8. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Mazda6 was with me for more than 2 months. Total distance covered > 2500 kms

1 person likes this.
  9. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Pontiac - I had the Pontiac with me for a short time. It was a real gas guzzler. I preferred the Mazda6 over the Pontiac although many would say otherwise

10. Added another FIAT to my garage ;)

It's a 1962 Super Select
    1 person likes this.