1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Post Photographs Of Your Present/Past/Future Vehicles Here

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by J Ravi, Dec 14, 2011.

1. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    PRESENT

Now, I have my Linea [2009] and Suzuki Fiero [2001].
    DSC05441.jpg
    DSC05510.jpg
    Fiero.jpg

PAST

I had owned Maruti Suzuki Versa [2004] prior to my Linea. I had driven her for 50 k km in 5.5 years.
    1036.jpg
    This was my first car: Maruti Suzuki Omni [1992]. I had driven her for 92 k km in 12 years. Here is a photograph of Omni and my wife.
    DSC05573.jpg
    Prior to my Suzuki Fiero, I was riding Hero Honda CD 100 for about 15 years. My wife was lucky enough to get 50 Hero Honda shares allotted at Rs 10 at par and was allotted the bike under 10% quota reserved for shareholders! There was a waiting period of about 10 months at that time. Later, those shares were sold for more than Rs 100 each. That was a real double bonanza!:) My daughters posing with my Hero Honda.
    DSC05575.jpg
    I had owned Priya earlier. Seen here was my son with my Priya.
    DSC05572.jpg
    This was my first scooter: Vijay Deluxe. Here are two pics with my daughter.
    DSC05569.jpg
    DSC05568.jpg

FUTURE

I have decided to keep driving my Linea for some more years as I am fully happy with her. I don't have any plans for upgrading my car in the near future. However, my son has booked Royal Enfield Desert Storm with a waiting period of 4 to 6 months in Bangalore. He is likely to get the bike in the first quarter of 2012.
    DesertStorm.jpg
    I am toying with a idea of riding to Leh in Desert Storm.;)

Now, the floor is open for others.
    23 people like this.
  2. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Ravi sir those are real nostalgic snaps you got there & a wonderful thread you have started . Your Suzuki Fiero is a gem machine. But once it got converted as TVS fiero things changed. Will upload the snaps soon. Can't resist to put comments on seeing your collection ::T
    1 person likes this.
  3. Woow ..Really nostalgic .. I was thinking about the old black and white photos of my family album .. Thanks Ravi Sir .. :)

I too will post the pics soon . Just give me time to search it and scan it :)

As Cinju mentioned Indeed a wonderful thread..

Ajit
    1 person likes this.
  4. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore
    respect!!!!!!! ravi sir.

no other words.
    1 person likes this.
  5. Satyajit

Satyajit

Mumbai
    Lovely snaps. I can so identify with many of those pics... truly nostalgic!
    1 person likes this.
  6. mescotc

mescotc Amatore

Boisar , Tarapur
    Ravi,

Sweet memories....

Great.

Atul
    1 person likes this.
  7. anoop

anoop Superiore

nostalgic pictures, Ravi sir. They took me for a trip down memory lane - especially those old color photographs from a film camera.

My dad's second scooter was also a Priya - I still remember the number of the bike. His first bike was a lambretta - I learned my very first lessons of carburetor cleaning and jet cleaning and adjustment on that scooter. Later Priya was replaced by a Chetak, and then our trustworthy steed - the HH Splendor. After Splendor, the next one was a Royal Enfield.

Talking about my rides, had a KB RTZ, Supra, couple of Samurai, shogun etc, and then started my fascination with Royal Enfield. There was a time when I had 3 bikes with me - 2 Royal Enfields and a Unicorn. Now, I have only one Royal Enfield and a Unicorn.

Our first car was a beautiful black Ambassador - 84 model. We pampered her a lot, and lavished our love on her. When it was time to replace her, I replaced her with a Vista TDi. After that came the santro and finally, the GP.

Sadly, I do not have pictures of most of the rides. We have some film pics at home, will try to get them.

Now some snaps:

DSC02600 - Copy.jpg

IMAG0063_tbhp.jpg

for_site.jpg

DSC_8655 - Copy.jpg

1.DSC_5974.jpg

DSC_1172.jpg
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
    6 people like this.
  8. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks, anoop. Your RE in military attire is magnificent.
  9. anoop

anoop Superiore

Thank you, Ravi sir. When I got her, she was draped in black attire. When we worked on her, we had this idea of painting her in matte military green. It was Mr. Gurunandan who should be credited with this work :)
    IIRC, She is of 1974 vintage.
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  10. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    my current rides, 2011 punto and 2008 tvs apache RTR160.

before this, was using activa from '05 to '08, which is now with my dad . Learned in dad's old hero puch !!no soft copies of those.

future wishlist : within next 5 years .. a beautiful black gypsy, a real SUV, which is in my mind for a veryy long time !! ! (pic courtesy: google :D)

DSC08902.jpg

251713_10150193308560922_669635921_7139139_3590263_n.jpg

blackgypsy3.jpg
    1 person likes this.