1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Possible to reduce Diesel's NVH like dampening during ICE?

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by PaddleShifter, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    Grande Punto 1.3
    What damping sheets are u refering to can u post a pic please, all I see is a wafer thin plastic covering on the outer sheet

Harmony & chaos
  2. I don't have the pictures, if you remove the plastic cover you can see the dampening pads inside.
  3. anoop

anoop Superiore

Phew, I think that exactly is Sat calling as damping, though personally, I will not say it is damping. I am not sure you can really make it out, the part marked in black is where the thin plasticky pad is stuck to the outer panel of the door.

Sat, please fell free to correct me if I am wrong.

4. Nope, not that, if you carefully remove the plastic you can see it inside.
  5. anoop

anoop Superiore

Yeah Sat - that is what I have marked. If you look carefully, you can see the outline of that black thing through that white sheet - inside where I have put the box.

Sorry, i do not have a pic which do not have the white sheet.
  6. Guys, what i can tell you is wait!!!! wait until your engine is super refined, FIAT engines are prone to get highly refined IMHO after 45000kms you will feel like driving a petrol vehicle, and the NVH would have decresed to a hightly extent. BTW, keep your ICE in Mid Volumes you wont require any dampers :D