1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Possible to reduce Diesel's NVH like dampening during ICE?

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by PaddleShifter, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Mate

you are inviting trouble for your CAR. Get rid of them ASAP . it will not only start the rusting process in the place where bonnet is connected to Engine bay and going by first photo, it has already some water in it or is it that photo is over exposed ?
  2. CountRock

CountRock Staff Member Janitor

Dallas, Texas
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    A sponge you have used cannot absorb any kind of sound what so ever. Only thing it will do is absorb water! as others have suggested they should be removed asap!
  3. I got a kid of packing stuff, which can be used for similar purpose,but I do feel the engine noise is down by 50%.
    I checked it as of an hour back it's not wet, but I do agree with you it can become wet and retain water.

Regards
    Raghu
  4. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    sponge is not helpful at all. but i have read in some bhp where a guy has used some rubber sheets with two way sticking capabilities which he got it from a tyrewala. he had used these in all his doors and boot. and it was cheap also. i tries to acquire it here but its not available here. may you guys can try them if you can find it.
  5. That's a good to hear, I will give a try.
    -Sat
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    NVH levels on the FIAT multijets are already very very refined and low.

I've never felt a need to reduce them any further. I wonder why other TFI'ans felt the need to do so.

Gurjinder.
  7. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Was about to create a new thread but found this one :) One guy said me about the Roadkill thing which makes the car inaudible from inside. Can anyone please throw some light on it??
  8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    1. Damp your doors with damping sheets.

2. Apply rubberized paint on the floor a thick ones.

3. Put damping sheets on the firewall and below the bonnet.

this will reduce the nvh to huge extent but also add weight to the car.
  9. CountRock

CountRock Staff Member Janitor

Dallas, Texas
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Excellent ideas, but is there anything as a light weight dampening material?
  10. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Where will be these damping sheets be available?