1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Possible to change PCD?

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by PatchyBoy, May 30, 2013.

1. dipen2003

dipen2003 Timido

Siliguri
    Hi Italia - Linea OK you know the OD of the hub , what about the ID? How can i measure?( I am actually also thinking if i shall go for 16" of t jet or 15" or punto as its available with Kava Automobiles but the problem is i don't know if they can ship me to Siliguri, WB, If not then i guess i have to stick with sai mag wheels and get hub rings from you, i hope you can send me through courier)
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    You will have to measure the ID of the alloy wheel yourself. I suggest you to better buy 98 PCD wheel. No hub rings required and no issues. if you are buying 100 pcd or deviating from standard dimensions you will surely need a hub ring.
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Wouldn't even 98 PCD aftermarket alloys have a different ID? Only the OE alloys would be a perfect fit, requiring no hub rings, I think.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  4. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    You are right, even 98PCD wheels will need hub centric rings if they are aftermarket.
    Only OE wheels would be a perfect fit requiring no hub rings.
    1 person likes this.
  5. SunnyBoi

SunnyBoi Amatore

I have/had HRS 15inch 98PCD alloys. Needed hub rings. Switched to Punto alloys, no hub rings needed. Managed to hit 160 couple of days back, zero vibrations.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    1 person likes this.
  6. dipen2003

dipen2003 Timido

Siliguri
    Hi Royj, i was just talking to Vijay from Kava Automobiles , he stated that the Punto alloys can be shipped to Siliguri but he might have to obtain permit or something.He also said that whether i wanted the logo for the alloys.Doesn't logo come along with the alloys? Please, also let me know how come Kava is selling Punto alloys in half the price then the price quoted by the dealer? Can i be rest assured with the quality of Kava? I have decided to go for 4 nos of Punto 15" for 5.5k each and Rs 200 for logo each+ shipping charge.
  7. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    For HRS and other after market alloys, their logo comes with the wheel. I am not sure about Fiat original alloys.
    I have no information about the sourcing and business model of Kava either, so can't comment on how they manage their pricing.
    I believe you are in West Bengal and the state has some sort of entry taxation which prevents normal shipping to the state.
    If you go through TFI you will see that some people are comfortable with products from Kava while some others stay away.
  8. raj29

raj29 Superiore

I think the Fiat Alloys dont come with FIAT Logos, Atleast i didnt get the FIAT logo when i purchased the Punto alloy.
  9. dipen2003

dipen2003 Timido

Siliguri
    Well, i wired the payment for Punto 15" inch alloy along with logo to Kava automobiles , Vijay from Kava said he would arrange the transport and no need of permit for few pieces..i will keep you guys posted on progress...
  10. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP