1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Possible to change PCD?

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by PatchyBoy, May 30, 2013.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Hi Rajan, thanks for the pics. Infact i had already downloaded lots of pics over google and was confused to see so many types of hubs on punto and linea. The hub which you posted can be manufactured. The only stuff is the internal gears on the hub. That needs a special internal gear cutting machine. There are plenty i know but will need exact dimensions of the same. Pitch and all etc.

The second thought which came to your mind had also tickled me earlier.
    I think its better to open up the old hubs and drill new 100 PCD holes into it. There wont be any issue in material strength etc. The hubs are quite rigid.

The best thing is that they will be reverse compatible.
  2. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    ^^what u mean Reverse?
    Need to use nuts instead bolts?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  3. SunnyBoi

SunnyBoi Amatore

Reverse compatible as in you can switch back to 98pcd with Zero changes

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    2 people like this.
  4. dipen2003

dipen2003 Timido

Siliguri
    i am ordering 16" 98+100(8 holes) alloys from sai mag wheels , i would like to also order hub rings from UK but don't know which size to order.What sized hub rings/spigot rings are usually used for alloys 98+100 pcd from sai mag wheels.Guys please, reply.
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    I am manufacturing this for few of our forum members cars who have wobbling problem. In case you are interested i can make one for you.

P.S - its not my business, just out of passion and to help team fiat members who are having problems due to aftermarket alloy wheels we are getting this done together. 58.1 is the OD of the hub. Id will depend on the alloy you purchase.
  6. SunnyBoi

SunnyBoi Amatore

I saw the hub of my palio; palio and puntos have the same hub. There is no space left on the hub to drill new 100pcd holes.
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Not even those spots I marked in red in the earlier post?

@Italia-Linea - In my quest to check the possibility of adding a Brake Wear Sensor (I hate those lights in my console, which do nothing for me :D), I realized that I will also have to drill the brake discs in order to change to 100 PCD. Could you confirm if this understanding is correct?

Rajan
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
  8. SunnyBoi

SunnyBoi Amatore

I'm referring to the below pic :

46780d1371002935-possible-change-pcd-imgp0123.jpg

The gap between edge of the 98pcd hole and dge of the hub is already cutting close. 100pcd would mean pushing it out by another mm. There is hardly 2mm of clearance, bringing it down to 1mm is too much of a risk IMHO.
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I am sure the clearance is almost 5 mm. I will take off a wheel, measure and post up, when possible. I hope you are not counting the chamfer as well :D

Rajan
  10. SunnyBoi

SunnyBoi Amatore

Come to think of it.

Hub total dia = 116mm

PCD = 98mm

Bolt size = 12mm / 2 = 6mm

Therefore edge dia = 98+6 = 104, +2mm for chamfer = 106mm

But it definitely did not look like 10mm or even 5mm extra metal to me :) Best way to confirm is to open up the wheel and check,

EDIT : whoops, 10mm is dia, so its 5mm. Better double check with your hub just to be sure!

Also need to check if drilling extra holes will affect balancing of hub in any way. Might cause unneccessary vibrations if yes.
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
    1 person likes this.