1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Possible T-Jet acceleration issue : Causes ?

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by puchoo, Apr 25, 2014.

1. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Well i am sure i have made many enemies in thsi entire process given my habit of putting down strongly worded emails to everyone including Fiat , so... lets see how this shapes out , i am happy to move to another workshop entirely post this process , do not mind traveling a bit for example Gurgaon if need be as long as the workshop and people are good. Have heard good things about DRS fiat ....

2. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    Don't worry. I too have been following up with everybody in the food chain right from before even buying the car.

Email work 99% of the time. So nothing to complain about.
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
  3. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    :D

Well if you have email id's on anyone higher up in the food chain and can PM them to me , i would be highly appreciative of that and will include them when it comes to me writing my next email.

4. Navneet

Navneet Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    It has been more than month now, but the engine error(Turbo Pressure) and low pick up(below 2.5K rpm) issue remains unresolved. My car is now at Balaji FASS (Thane) for last 3 days and no response recieved from them. Sad to see, that main FIAT is not responding to FASS mails. Its boiling up on my patience. As you guys have said , will mail to Mangesh Kodalkar, even though CRM at Balaji FIAT has done good and his best. Strangely other SA at this FASS are not good enough to find which part is creating the problem. Like a no-voice software engineers they are saying, issue doesnt simulate in their envoirnment or when they try to run the car.. And I am easily getting it after an hour of hard driving in sun.

All the time TJet is hospitalize like this, my Palio is taking care of the family rides...

If anyone has got the Engine Error or Turbo Pressure issue resolved then please let us know.
    P.S: My engine was running fine before last year's accident. Its after the reassembly its having this two issues. FASS has goffed up the assembly of engine and its subordinate systems(engine bay especially). Car is not getting overheated though.

FIATIAN
    Palio1.2 ELX 95K, Linea TJET+ 16K,
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Was the car repaired/reassembled at Balaji or another FASS. The problem will be fixed for sure, do post the progress here.
  6. Navneet

Navneet Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    Car was repaired by Balaji(thane) and is taken care be them till now. Strange though, engine head was replaced in that(accident repair) process. And later when pick up issue was noted to them, after long trouble they change the "knoc-off" sensor(Is this same as RPM sensor in Palios?) or something sort of it... Later they change fuel pump to resolved the mentioned two issues... Will get an update from them today. Lets see.
    I feel some pipes are cut from inside which is what they are not able to trace, as the turbo pressure error occurs only after 1 hours of ride in high temprature. Also I do have doubt over the replaced knock -off sensor which might have blown out again... As turbo kick is week!!! Which is hard to convince to this guys....
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Knock Sensor malfunction should throw up error on the Examiner (scanner). The turbo or the knock sensor both individually or collectively can cause performance issues.

I think they should be able to solve this issue. T-jet Turbo related issue is not uncommon, search in forum.
  8. Navneet

Navneet Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    Strange though, earlier when knockoff sensor was identified as having the problem. No engine error was poped up.. Got the news from FASS, they have traced one broken pipe though.. Waiting for next week now...
  9. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Please do post snaps and your experience after the pipe was replaced
    I am waiting for the update from you and puchoo
  10. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Update for everyone

work is done. I gave the car on Friday and picked it up Saturday evening , technicians from Noida were present both days including Mr. OP Sharma. The second service was also carried out.

In terms of work and eventually the output to be honest I was not blown away with what I felt. But like I have told Kashyap as well that I will drive the car around for a week so that I can gauge the performance and come back to them with more accurate feedback. But there are good things to note

If the performance of the car was say 5.5/10 then it has definitely improved and maybe gone upto 7.5/10 but I still feel that something is lacking and for me that is primarily the “push back into seat” thrust one used to get earlier . However the engine feels smoother , the turbo coming on is clearly more consistent , the engine RPM’s increase much faster as well.

It also appears to feel like that the car performs better without the ac on then with the ac on , the latter seemingly sapping some power and pulling capacity of the engine. I have mentioned this earlier as well but attributed it to the problems with the turbo itself but now wondering if this was a problem which has come up independently but was disguised from all of us behind the turbo issue – while giving the car I had made a mention of this but they did not check it out , for my satisfaction will do some homework on it and maybe get it checked out once.

So a bit of a mixed bag in that sense. I am happy with the uplift in performance but whether there is something to what I am feeling or I have simply got some irrational thought stuck in my head I don’t know. There is a fiat meeting coming up end of this month which I will try and attend and hopefully be able to drive a few other cars for comparison. Lets see what the next week of driving brings , i have told Kashyap and Fiat that I will get back to them by the end of the week with my feedback and then can decide what to do next if anything.

I saw the old turbo and clicked a few pictures , quite an expensive part – thought It was around 25,000 but its closer to 40,000.

All pipes were checked for integrity , even the inter-cooler was cleaned.