1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Possible T-Jet acceleration issue : Causes ?

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by puchoo, Apr 25, 2014.

1. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    The problem has been identified , i lost my temper with these guys when i went to get the bumper painted again thanks to another woman drive rear ending me - they painted it the wrong color , on top of tat 5 attempts and they have still not got the alignment right - anyway sent a stinker to Fiat and just daybefore the car was examined by senior technicans and a boost pressure problem was identified. Associated parts have been ordered and work should get done in about a weeks time.

However i do not have enough information on what exactly they will change and what exactly the problem is , Fiat is being as vague as they possibly can be. What was clear was that the boost was coming on late - at about 2500 RPM and they mumbled something about RPM's free falling ( whatever that means) : in fact would love it if someone could throw some light on this.

Hope it goes smoothly.
  2. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Sorry to hear about the rear-ending. It is pretty common in NCR nowadays

How was the problem identified - was it reported by "EXAMINER" tool? I have visited 2 workshops in the past 1 week and everyone says "sir everything is fine". Looks like they are comparing with MJD. In my case also, I guess sometimes the turbo kick-in is late.

Please share some more information so that I can tell FASS to look into the same. Also share the workshop name which identified the issue - I shall visit them if other FASS is not able to resolve the issue. PM me your numbers if possible
  3. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Hi Speedjet.

The observation was made while driving the car , all this while despite my repeated complaints no one was interested in listening till i escalated it. Post that Mr. OP sharma came down to Okhla and took a drive with me - so thats when the problem was identified clearly

I had to leave the car and come back to office but yes they did run the examiner , they had actually carried something down from Noida with them - a suitcase looking type of thing , guessing it was the usual examiner itself. At the end of the day a pressure problem was reported to me and parts were ordered.

Sorry that is all that i know so far - like i said i am sure information is being withheld

4. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Well Mr OP Sharma is the best knowledgeable guy on FIATs. I have again left the car at FASS today in the hope that they shall resolve the issue (as per FASS everything is always well). In my case, this issue started after service, so it may be related to something that occured while changing fluids
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2014
  5. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Thats how my problem started as well , post the first service where i asked them change the engine oil

6. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Lets hope for the best. Have you received the car back?

In my case it took me 3 visits and umpteen requests to get this issue detected - do not know when they will be able to solve it though. Hopefully these guys shall not turn back saying "All izz well"
  7. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Nopes , its not even gone yet , its expected to be called in a week or well 4 days now. Will keep you posted. In my case fortunately there is no All is Well anymore - there is a problem , officially recognized and accepted. I cannot wait to see the faces of all those SA's who thought i was just being difficult , and rest assured the next time this car goes to the workshop for servicing etc it is going to be on everyones radar in terms of quality of work.................... or so i hope! :)

8. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Glad to know puchoo that your problem is finally identified. Lets hope they fix it well so that your Jet starts flying in full swing!!

Due to your ordeal, Now we know, that boost pressure is also something which should be looked up to for some serious acceleration issues.
  9. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Will wait for your update. As far as being on radar is concerned, in past 2 years I have realized that whether it is TASS or FASS in NCR region; they are not that particular and do not try to understand the issue. Not sure when these guys will learn

The turbo problem has been reported by many TJet owners. This is true especially after service is done and the SA is prompt in replying "Sir after service engine is now smooth that is why you feel that turbo is not operating"
  10. Navneet

Navneet Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    Sorry for late reply... But it seems the problem has become more frequent now... Not at all good.. Engine Failure (Turbo pressure) error is now coming within 30 minutes of driving, above 100 though.. Pick up is still not the original... Turbo kicks after 2K rpm or latee... Replacement of Fuel Pump (as said byFASS) didnt resulted any good , whereas mileage has drop significantly... Will be taking her back to FASS now..