1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Possible T-Jet acceleration issue : Causes ?

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by puchoo, Apr 25, 2014.

1. MakeTheMove

MakeTheMove Regolare

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    It seems to be Turbo issue in highlight everywhere. My car also had similar issue but only got noticed when driven by our moderator Italia_Linea.
    He proved, the jerk during accelerating the vehicle is not due to turbo kick in but due to some problem in car.

He spent almost 4 hours to identify the root cause of issue. Driven new T-Jet which was having 300 KM on ODO and My car back to back.
    Used Examiner to find any fault. Checked the turbo pressure, everything seems to be normal.

Then upon close examination of pipes connected to Turbo found the culprit.

WP_20140429_001.jpg

Pipe highlighted in yellow was twisted. Once that was corrected, the fun begins. Italia_Linea had big smile on his face. :dance
  2. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Quick question , if the turbo pressure was fine what exactly was this "twist" to the pipe doing to reduce acceleration? Do you have another angle to the photograph which allows for easier identification of which pipe this is. In the picture is the pipe currently twisted or its now a photo where it has been made straight.

Also would help if you could list down all the other items that were checked as well , in case i go back to the workshop then i have a checklist of sorts i can get them to check.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
  3. MakeTheMove

MakeTheMove Regolare

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Puchoo, turbo pressure we checked when vehicle was not moving and just by pressing the accelerator. But jerk was only to be experienced while vehicle was moving.

I did not got your point "In the picture is the pipe currently twisted or its now a photo where it has been made straight." Please elaborate.
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    This is the vacuum pipe to the Electronic Solenoid Waste Gate actuator fitted on TJET. If the waste gate doesnt open on time the boost will be erratic and the A/F ratio suffers and so the engine performance.
  5. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Thanks for the clarification on the turbo pressure.

Was only asking if the picture you have posted is of the pipe after it was "de-twisted". Do you have a photo of it when you found it twisted?

@Italia-Linea - assuming then that the twist hinders the opening of the actuator? What were some of the other items you checked and crossed off your list during those few hours?
  6. MakeTheMove

MakeTheMove Regolare

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    It's after "de-twisted", unfortunately I don't have photo of it when we found it twisted.
  7. Navneet

Navneet Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    In my case , ASS has completely checked all the rubber pipes and fitting and are saying the issue might be in Fuel Pump. They (Balaji Auto , Thane, Mumbai) told me that some other TJet are also lined up for the same... Now I dont know how to find the faulty pipe and fitting. In case if i find the actual wiring diagram or air and collant fitting diagram somewhere on NET for TJet engine, it would be helpfull..
    I also had second opnion with Pandit Auto in Pune , but they said it might be some of the air pipe had got cuts from inside. This required car to be kept with them for a week as it will require days to find out the faulty pipe. As I was for short trip in Pune, couldnt agree upon it...

Lets see, what Balaji can do,,,or if I can find the faulty pipe.
  8. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Has your diagnosis been done now? Any findings or results?

9. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    @puchoo - is your problem resolved. Today I noticed such behavior while driving in the afternoon - although I am not sure if it was due to the 45 degrees temperature today or due to the service I got done sometime back
  10. Navneet

Navneet Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    My car has gone in workshop(Balaji Thane, Mumbai) for the same. Its there for last two days.. they are going to replace the fuel pump. Let's see. But for past three month, on every long drive in afternoon, after doing 150kms, I do get the engine error (Check engine - Engine failure ) message on dashboard. My TJet+ is not yet giving the full pick up(Solid Turbo kick at 1.5K RPM) as it use to give before (saving my life).
    Will update once she comes out of workshop in couple of days....