1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Possible Ice on Road-Hell Yeah

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Akshay4384, Jan 18, 2013.

1. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Does the care behave differently after you get that message?? I mean difference in drive and traction primarily.

Awesome Pictures :)
  2. riturajmnnit

riturajmnnit Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    You went all the way upto Chail :) could see the palace board, Ohh I miss my childhood. I grew u there (was in chail from 1997-2004) :D

Anyway thanks for the clicks :D
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
    2 people like this.
  3. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3
    Snow fall in Kullu-Manali!!! You are lucky. Awesome pics.
  4. ops

ops Amatore

Punto Abarth
    In my linea, I have seen this message when external temperature is 3 dreg or below. No such message when temperature is 4 deg or more.
  5. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

+1 to that. I was in my hometown last week and MID showed the same 'Possible ice....' msg when temp touched 3degree. So its clear that this msg is shown below 3 degree.

- - - Merged Post - - -

BTW, AKSHAY your Linea is looking fab in the pics. Please drive safe in the snow, usually car wont be leaving road if its a fresh snowfall but if its snowing from some 2-3 days then please be carefull, coz once car loose traction, it will keep sliding.
    Anyways, brilliant pictures of Linea !!!! Wallpaper material :)
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

I wouldn't think so. That would require very sophisticated electronics, which I would not expect in the segment where the Linea is. I feel it is more of a warning mechanism to alert the driver.

Could anyone who has seen this message confirm?

1 person likes this.
  7. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Rajan,that is correct its just the warning,nothing else.
    @sunswape,it was fresh snow,hence no issues,its the solid ice that creates problems.
  8. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3
    Akshay, It is Manali road, right?
  9. puneet mehra

puneet mehra Amatore

Lovely ICY pics Akshay bhai... Your Linea looks awesome in snow covered Roads... BTW could you please let us know the the place where you went from Chandigarh... As I am also planning to visit any hill station in my Pure Gasoline Palio after today's rain and looking to visit Chail one more time...

10. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    Awesome pics Akshay!

We went to Chail in June last year, and it rained unexpectedly. The temperature was down to 19°C at that time.

BTW, the extra fogs look nice. When did you install them? They weren't there when we met at the Chandigarh meet, IIRC.