1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Possible Ice on Road-Hell Yeah

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Akshay4384, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

I was following weather updates since past 10 days,and was waiting for it to snow.
    Woke up to a rainy morning,and decided that this is it,called up office,that i wont be working,packed up a few clothes quickly,and drove straight to NH-22,only to hit a snow wall at 4-30Pm,Sadly i had to turn back,and was back home in less than 12hrs,nevertheless had good fun driving in the snow.

Here a few pictures i clicked:)
    photo 4.jpg photo 3.jpg photo 5.jpg DSCN3785.jpg
    DSCN3789.jpg DSCN3790.jpg DSCN3806.jpg DSCN3807.jpg DSCN3817.jpg

20 people like this.
  2. What for is this Warning ??? Alerting the driver to slow down the car ??? and How is it sensed ??? Can somebody throw some light on this

The MID should also display, "Possible Icing on the Car :)"
  3. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3
    ^^ Yeah its basically to alert the driver to drive carefully. If am not wrong, when the temp goes below 2 dgs, MID shows this warning sign.
    1 person likes this.
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

That would be sensed based on the external temperature, which is already being read and displayed on the MID - 0 degrees in this case :D. Yes it is to alert the driver to take it easy. Driving on snow is fun, driving on ice is perilously close to suicide :D

2 people like this.
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

Btw can a FWD survive in snowy conditions ???
    If yes then I will definitely drive up north
  6. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

A Fwd is better off than Rwd in snow,as steering has control over powered wheels.
    That said,if things go too extreme,like they did,its better to play safe.
    1 person likes this.
  7. sandip

sandip Timido

Lovely photographs of your Linea in snow. The extra fogs (or rally lights?) in the front look stunning!
    1 person likes this.
  8. Rachit Bhatnagar

Rachit Bhatnagar Amatore

WOW, BNW Linea looks stunning in ice. Great efforts to come out from car & taking snaps in chilling winters.
    1 person likes this.
  9. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Look Carefully it isnt BNW:)
  10. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

looks awesome Akshay. Doesn't look like India at first glance :D

Which place is this exactly?
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
    1 person likes this.