1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Possible call back for linea and 90 hp punto ??

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by sanjeev, Mar 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have sttopped thinking abt the perf drop in my car long time back. May be Fiat would have intimated about the Faulty timing Chains. My only concern is, What if the Timing Chain is Broken , how would they know about it ? Coz I remember hearing a tak tak sound under the hood long time back. It happened twice. the noise came up only when I accelerated. I switched of the engine and cranked it again and heard a louder tak tak sound. Only after this incident I have felt the perf drop in my car. That is why I wanted to know about the symptoms.
  2. teky

teky Esperto

This is for 2009 manufactured cars IIRC. Fellow owners should stop panicking even at slightest hint and stop looking for problems. If you still have doubts visit your service centre and ask them check for recalls against your chassis number.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    srida, if the timing chain is broken, it will eventually damage the engine and you can't drive the vehicle. Generally, timing chain is changed during 80/90k kms (for exact kms. please refer the owners manual) or 8 years or so.
  4. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

My Car has around 64.5K on Odo,what will be the ideal Odo reading to replace the chain.
    Anyone has an idea,as to how much it costs?
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Guys, until and unless FIAT communicates anything in this regard or reports come in of dealers calling in to get any part replaced ( like it happened in the "rear axle replacement" ) , let's not pay heed to any person's imaginations. The article is very vague and the calibre of writing points to a teenage mind.

Yes, there were pre-emptive timing chain replacements, but those were a long time back. And not widespread, only a select few.

I would advise TFIans not to panic thinking their timing chains will snap off any moment now that this so called "report" has been published.

This thread is being closed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.