1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Poor service by Techno motors and no help from FIAT

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by Nish154, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Nish154

Nish154

New Delhi
    I used to be a proud owner of linea 1.3, which can be readily ascertained from the miles I have crunched on my linea since I bought it. I bought my linea in May 2010 and I have already clocked around 59k Kms already. I have taken my linea to nanital, mussourie, lensdowne, a couple of trips to Jaipur and one to Amritsar. I really love the dynamics of the car and the stability it offers at high speeds, not that I drive it at very high speeds but cruising at 120 Km/h on Indian roads is very easy in this car.

The trouble started on my recent visit to Jaipur in August when on return I heard a strange noise from the engine area. Being pro-service station guy I took my car to techno service station in Najafgarh area, Delhi. The SA noted my complaints and after some time called to say that there appears to be problem with he engine timing belt, which would require a change. Since my car was under xtended warranty, he said approval and change would take around 2-3 days. After 3days I called up to inquire abt the status of my car, the SA told me that changing the belt didn't solve the problem and now the engine wold have to be opened. For this he said he has placed a request with the third party looking after extended warranty to open the engine. Even after a wait of over 7 days, I didn't hear from SA. After my follow up I was told that the request with 3rd party is pending approval, when I asked the SA to follow up with them I was told that they can only follow up through mails and not on phone..ridiculous explanation!!

Finally after lots of fighting, the car was examined and I was told that I will be updated about the approval soon..after another wait of over 7-10 days I was told that the approval is for a sum of rs 45k for replacement of an engine subassembly and I was given an estimate of around 40k, which I w supposed to pay. The SA told me this was for the sealant, gasket, hla, rail pipe and some other parts that go along with the subassembly.

I sought an explanation for this from FIAT's Mr. Mangesh as to why I should pay for the remaining amount when this is a failure due to FIAT quality. Mr. Mangesh sent me a mail saying that the issue would be addressed through regional office in gurgaon, however this was he last mail I received..after that I have been writing to them, at times asking them the basis on which the amount was sanctioned and remaining amount was levied on me, however fiat never came back with any answer...finally I had to agree to pay around 45k to get my car back to its running condition..finally the d-day arrived. And I call the SA to get an update..I am told that while testing the car the turbo failed and would require change..wow! This made me wonder whether the noise was due to engine or only turbo..god knows!!

The turbo was replaced as well Thankfully under warranty ..but still I had to pay an unjustified amount for which I didnot get the legal/ technical basis..even after I got the car back there are some problems left in by the dealer..the glove box is not closing properly now, a panel has not been lodged properly, leaving a gap therein, the map light is about to come out of its socket and most interestingly, they do not appear to have rotated the wheels since a perfectly bald tyre has been put at the front, while the Is still better.

Fiat service is in real bad shape I must say, I am now planning to be my car see iced from some oth svice stations, such as Bosch ones and visit the service station only if car requires some repairs..
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  2. Umesh Prasad

Umesh Prasad

Delhi
    Hi Nish,

Sorry to hear abt your bad experience, I got my punto from Techno auto and got my 1st free service from them, although in 1st service nothing much is done still and was not satisfied . My second service is now due and I have booked it for coming Saturday. Reading about your experience I am now thinking of getting the service done @ some Dhingra`s in gurgaon.
  3. Nish154

Nish154

New Delhi
    The problem with them is that there's a singla SA for fiat there, rest all look after Tata products..plus they have their hands full due to the number of cab drivers that come pouring in with their indicas, indigos, sumos they don't care actually..the best thing is to get your car serviced from fiat service station for the free services and then search for a good service station, yesterday I went to Bosch service station in armouries garden, and I was satisfied with the attitude at least..it was positive and customer centric..haven't given my car to them for servicing yet but would explore the option when my 15k Kim's are over..the worst part bat techno is the way to the service station which resembles an offload track,nwhen I complained they said "our staff also comes through that way"..they would keep n giving stupid answers like that till you drop dead..I am contemplating a legal action against them and fiat for the harassment which lasted over one and a half month for which I was car-less..
  4. mindgrinder

mindgrinder Novizio

Delhi
    Try Tulli Motors in Raja Garden, till now the best Fiat service i have got
  5. Umesh Prasad

Umesh Prasad

Delhi
    Hi,
    I just checked the website of Fiat, as per the details "Tuli motors" are only authorized to service Palio. Please suggest.

Models : Palio
    Service Center Name : TULI MOTORS

Address :
    Ring Road, Raja Garden
    Indian Oil Petrol Pump,Next to West Gate Mall
    Under Raja Garden Flyover
    NEW DELHI, Delhi
    Pincode :110027

Wat about :- HIM MOTORS PVT LTD in Peeragarhi

Models : Grande Punto, Linea & Palio
    Service Center Name : HIM MOTORS PVT LTD

Address :
    D-9
    Udyog Nagar
    New Rohtak Road
    Peeragarhi
    NEW DELHI, Delhi
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  6. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    Talk to Mr. Sharma [9582646724]. He is currently at HIM Motors Patparganj.
  7. abhiuday

abhiuday Amatore

New Delhi
    I haven't had any good experience with Him Motors. Oberoi seems to at least lend a technical ear. Can try that. The GM Mr. Gopalan is a punto owner himself.
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  8. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Guys, routine service work can be done from anywhere but for rest of the issues go straight to Mr. OP Sharma. Don't even consider other options. For paint work, Techno Nazafgarh is the option.