1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Poor AC performance Punto 1.3 MJD

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by gReyHound, Nov 11, 2010.

1. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    I own Linea MJD 2009model and the AC is quite cooling. No problm yet
  2. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    rajeev21698
    Are you facing the problem of AC compressor going off under acceleration.
    The ECU is designed in this way. If you press accelerator pedal too much for high acceleration the ECU shuts off the compressor to allow better acceleration. (This idea is great when temp is around 30C but it doesn't feel good when Compressor shuts off when the outside temp is above 40C and sun above your head)
    Check with TASS if any ECU software update is available for your car ECU which solves this problem.
  3. rajeev21698

rajeev21698 Novizio

Firozabad
    thanks vijay got it checked with TASS yesterday,they were saying d same & unfortunately temp was below 38C ,no ecu software is awailable which can solve this problem.
    will check again when temp is around 40 or 45c
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2011
  4. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Never made observation of this sort in my Linea MJD.Bombay afternoon heat shows temp of 35C-40C with full sun,I keep AC temp around 26C and front vents facing me and the air thrown at this temp is quite cool.
  5. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    varin11
    AC does trip off under acceleration and it depends upon how much you are demanding from the engine.

I find cooling very good in the Linea, nothing to complain about. 3 days ago outside temp when was shown as 44 C by MID and car was parked in the sun for 2 hrs, cabin got cooled to acceptable levels within 2 mins and absolutely chily within 10 mins.

Problem is when you are stuck in a traffic jam and you have to stop and move regularly and have to fill the gap very quickly to stop someone from pointing his car nose in your way. (In this situation AC compressors cuts off and by the time it starts working again you again have to start moving and again compressor cuts off again, this cycle continues)
    Still the temp inside in this scenario is within acceptable levels say near 28- 30 C instead of desired 22 C.
  6. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    pollen filter need to get changed or cleaned up after how many days from the purchase of the car.mine is 8 months old car,what would be the good to advice??
  7. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Varoon..I don't think we can specifically say how many days. It purely depends on the surrounding conditions you are running. Just check out what type of filter you are having. If it is a mesh type filter , you can simply clean it.
  8. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    thanks cinju BTW how to see the make of filter and if its DIY stuff then how??
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  10. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum

Just browse through the thread given by Ravi. ( http://www.teamfiat.co.in/forum/show...-pollen-filter.).
    Again if yours is an emotion variant, it is very simple. All you need to do is take out the glove box as shown in the above video and you can simply pull out the outer cover of the filter.It is just a simple lock mechanism and once it is opened, you can pull out the filter.This is what I have seen in my punto emotion variant.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2011