1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Poor AC performance Punto 1.3 MJD

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by gReyHound, Nov 11, 2010.

1. gReyHound

gReyHound

Bangalore
    I own a 2010 Grey Fiat Punto 1.3 MJD Emotion and the AC has been a problem ever since. :hit :hit :hit
    Whenever the climate is cloudy irrespective of the temperature the AC is perfect.
    But when it is parked in sunlight/ driven in sunlight it takes like 30 minutes or more to get the Cabin air temperature to slightly comfortable level and this is with Blower speed set to 4 and cooling set to maximum and in Re-circulation mode and driving with windows down for 5 minutes. :shocked
    I have been over to the TASS (Concorde Motors Bangalore) and they keep car with them for the whole day and return it saying the AC has no faults.
    As the climate in Bangalore is not more on the sunny side it is very difficult for me to verify the AC when i get the CAR back from the service center. :A
    Any suggestions would help
  2. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    @greyhound,

Pls have the pollen filter checked or try replacing. You may be operating in a very polluted area.In most cases this problem gets resolved by the mentioned method.

Abdul
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  4. gReyHound

gReyHound

Bangalore
    Thanks Abdul and Ravi.
    Will get the pollen filter checked and post the results.
    Also I have just sent a email regarding this problem to fiat waiting for a response.
  5. gReyHound

gReyHound

Bangalore
    Just called up the service center and they said the Pollen Filter was checked and cleaned.
  6. mescotc

mescotc Amatore

Boisar , Tarapur
    I didn't noticed any cooling problems till now, On a hot sunny afternoon cabin gets cooled within 3-5 min , I set cooling mode on full auto , with temp. set to 21-23 deg. & AC adjusts parameters accordingly to ensure optimum cooling in min. possible time.

BTW when AC in full auto mode I noticed slight outside smell coming inside car , for instance when the car was passing by fish market area I noticed slight amount of fishy smell inside ( not to mention my smell buds are sharp )
    Any suggestions ?
    Atul
  7. gReyHound

gReyHound

Bangalore
    Wow 3-5 will be dream come true for me. Sadly not the case for me :A
    Fiat is yet to get back to my email :( :( :(

The smell you notice is mainly because in AUTO mode the AC chooses to blow in Fresh Air or Re-circulate the air within.
    The below thread should get you more info
    viewtopic.php?f=11&t=643&view=unread
  8. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    When you r entering a parked vehicle, roll your windows down and put the a.c in full power for a min.
    Later roll windows up, put the a.c in internal circulation mode for faster cooling.
    Outside smell is due to fresh air mode.

--Rajeev
  9. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Get the quantity of AC Gas checked in compressor. Also get the pollen filter, condenser coil and radiator cleaned from TASS.
  10. gReyHound

gReyHound

Bangalore
    AC Gas was checked, pollen filter cleaned condenser coil checked at TASS. :confused
    I even got them to check the ECU.