1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Polo GT TDI or Punto 90hp

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by kailasmenon2000, May 30, 2014.

1. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

My friend is planning to buy a car. He is a fan of Fiat as well as Volkswagen. He has more interest towards Polo GT TDI. The only reason is because of the power. As I've driven Polo only couple of times, I couldn't give my comparisons with Punto clearly. Pls point out your suggestions so that I can forward this thread to my friend.

1.What are the advantages & disadvantages of both the cars?
    2.Which one would you chose & why?
    3.What is the on road price of the highest varient?
    4.Would a remap makes Punto 90hp equally powerful to Polo GT?

Last edited: May 30, 2014
  2. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

looking at the two pics you posted, are there any more questions? :)
    3 people like this.
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Looking at the pictures there should not be a confusion to select the car.

Jokes apart if your friend is ready for HIGHER maintenance of GT TDi then I would suggest Polo orelse Punto 90hp is the perfect choice.

Price difference between Punto 90hp and Polo GT TDi is around 60-70k. Polo is expensive to buy and maintain.

Sent from my MK16i using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  4. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

• Polo GT TDi is more expensive to maintain. No free services and even the first one would cost 10~11k plus.
    • VW spares are costlier than FIAT's
    • VW is not as generous as FIAT in terms of warranty claims
    • Polo GT TDi has lesser headroom for rear passengers. (not sure about legroom)
    • Rear seat of Polo GT TDi is not split and you cannot fold them also.
    • Insurance is costlier for the GT TDi since it is a 1.6L mill.
    • Interiors and boot space are better in the Polo GT TDi.
    • Steering, suspension and brakes are better in the Punto.
    • POWER, of course the GT TDi is much better
    3 people like this.
  5. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3
    There's a buzz in the market about new Polo that's going to be launched in July 2014 would have 1.5ltr, 4 cylinder diesel mill. If this is true, setting aside other factors, it would be clear advantage Polo. This was one significant area where Punto used to score over Polo.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  6. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Polo GT for the power!!!
    Punto for relaxed highway cruising and for taking those lovely corners with ease.
    1 person likes this.
  7. Crazy Fiatian

Crazy Fiatian Amatore

Linea 1.3
    My Vote for Punto 90HP :)

Kailas - I haven't drove Polo GT TDI but couple of years back 5 of us went to Kodaikanal from Chennai in Polo TDI (3 Cylinder 75HP engine), I drove almost 80% of the total distance.

My observation with Polo TDI (3 Cylinder 75HP engine) are :
    --> Excellent built quality (almost all parts right from the indicator stalk) and pleasing look
    --> Top notch paint quality
    --> Superb fit and finish compared to that of Fiat
    --> Comfortable drive (but for 4 people) with good suspension, very less turbo lag
    --> Big car like handling
    --> Awesome and confidence inspiring braking. Please note the car we drove don't have ABS/EDB etc
    --> Excellent mileage. We traveled 5 people with loaded boot, got mileage of 22 kmpl for a car which ran just 3000 kms, it's a new car so we maintained 80 kmph
    --> My friend paid Rs.9,500/- for 1st service :( very very expensive to maintain

So I guess Polo GT TDI should be better than Polo TDI, very good car to consider if the owner willing to pay extra premium amount and tolerate the VW typical behavior towards customer, hope you understand what I meant.

If you ask me between Polo GT TDI vs Punto 90HP, I would any day go for Punto 90HP because of it's damn look, driving pleasure, somewhat friendly customer service, value for money, easy on pocket in terms of maintenance, long warranty period, above all please read below and I totally agree with it :p

1 person likes this.
  8. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Linea T-Jet
    If higher maintenance cost isn't a issue; polo is worth it!!
    1 person likes this.
  9. Roadking

Roadking Amatore

Bangalore KA
    If you have the money to spend and if you are an enthusiastic driver then its the Polo
    1 person likes this.
  10. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Polo looks better than Punto this is personal choice.

Highway manners, I love Punto any day. Punto 90 HP all the way
    1 person likes this.