1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Manilruben, Aug 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Who says here other brands are bad?

How is the question?
    Tell us also the points where Polo scores over Punto and vice-versa.

Its not about criticism, but there should be some base for criticism. Just plane blank and biased statements can't be said as criticism.
  2. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

I noticed that you are trying to pull legs of those guys who said good words regarding Punto\Fiat. They say good words because they use these cars. They are well aware with facts. Some of the members here are using FIAT since long time , may be you were not born at that time. They are very much satisfied with Fiat cars they owned.

I could not find any logic behind the way you are posting here, one thing I doubt if you are getting paid by someone to say bad words about Punto or Fiat.

Have you ever driven\owned Fiat? Do some justice with your profile, close your eyes and ask your heart. You'll sure get what I am trying to say. Still, you have problems, then don't think about Fiat and opt a different way further.

I know my words can heart you, but you already heart lot many.
  3. gtx

gtx Guest

Guys.. I would like to clear one thing here, I am giving my views on the POLO and PUNTO because the thread title is POLO or PUNTO. I am in no way connected to VW fans / brand. The views are my personal views from my experience with FIAT and other brands.

When I look at Punto and Polo, I can see clear difference between them and also see a clear winner among them. Sales figures just confirm the same.

For more information.. http://www.caroftheyear.org/

Also do not ask questions back like WHY / WHAT / HOW... I go with my heart and I have full right too. You can give your views and let other give them theirs. The thread starter will decide what he wants to buy.

4. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

well there's no point discussing Car of the year.
    Indian Spec Polo doesn't have even 50% of its features. Have a look at the engine specs below only 1.2 P is there in it' where's the 1.2 Diesel VW
    We have niether 1.4 Polo, 1.2 TSI neither 1.6 TDI in Polo. Neither the Blue MOtion Technology, DSG Autobox.
  5. deepakhon

deepakhon Amatore

Shouldn't we be worrying about posting the merits and demerits of Polo and Punto rather than making personal attacks?

I am interested in this thread, because I am in the market to replace my Palio sometime during the first quarter of next year, and both these cars interest me. It will be helpful if people who have driven these cars make comments about both, and this can make my decision easy.

All said and done, I tested Punto 76 hp and i20 90 hp about 2 weeks back. I am still wondering whether it is worth paying so much for either of these hatches. No offence to anyone who has bought these cars, but both these cars did not feel special to me.

i20 had a horrible turbo lag, especially in the second gear. I wonder how people handle it in bumper to bumper traffic.

I could not find too much of difference between the plastics of both these cars. I am not talking about the fit and finish of the plastics, where i20 wins hands down. For example, when I moved the plastic lever which is used to adjust the steering height, in both the cars, I thought I could easily break it, or maybe, it is just my perception.

i20's diesel engine was lot more relaxed on the highway, whereas Punto's engine was always on the boil. Punto's steering was a lot better with a hell lot of feedback, and it was good to hold too. i20's had no feedback, typical EPS that is. I felt that Punto's steering was direct throughout the circle. My Palio, for example, is a little inert in the 5:5 clock position.

I could not test Punto 90HP. I have not tested a Polo yet.
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Things took a different turn when there was a post comparing Punto's supposedly "poor headroom and legroom" with Polo's perceived decent space at the back.

There is no point discussing two cars without the pictorial data where ever possible.

Yes, Punto has a mis fitted dash at some places like around Key hole, the panel gap near the glove box, but touch wood no one ever noticed that till now. Only my camera and daily inspection can point out the same easily. But, It's the great design of the center console that takes most of the attention by the time someone and even I sit inside.

Polo's dash looks fantastic on the other hand. I prefer driving my Karizma and I noticed some 3-4 Polo's at traffic lights. Even from a distance, it was giving a premium look. But only till it had that integrated HU.
    Otherwise it looks plain "in my opinion"
  7. gtx

gtx Guest

Wait for new Swift if you are planning for Q1 2011.
  8. And Etios also, however from what all Toyota cars I have driven abroad, I am not a very big fan of Toyota in terms of driving pleasure, they are sure cheap to maintain and more reliable.
  9. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Guys !!

the thread starter has vanished and we have no idea what his decision was / is.

I am locking this thread for now since the discussions are not at all healthy. If the thread starter informs I will open it.
  10. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    I have unlocked and revived this locked thread.

Why ? Because there were "outsiders" here who vouched for VW's awesome build quality, plastics quality, interiors etc. They also laughed at me when I said it is too early to talk ANYTHING about the hyped Polo.

Well : I won't say anything further. Have a look at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...plastics-rubber-quality-german-just-name.html and then talk to me !!

I rest my case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.