1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Manilruben, Aug 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gtx

gtx Guest

I dont think its a fair comparision. Are we comparing Punto 1.2 with Polo 1.2 or Punto 1.4 with Polo 1.2/1.6 or Punto 1.3MJD with Polo 1.2D??

In simple words, Punto is Italian way of doing things.. Polo is German way. You can not have best of both the worlds (well you can have in Jazz but at a premium).

I dont care about refinement during idling, the car is meant for moving from A to B and so it does not matter at all if the engine is 3pot or 4pot. I would leave this arguement to Automobile engineers who are paid good money for their job.

For me, if Polo with 3pot engine can match with Punto's 4pot, that itself is good engineering from VW.

Gizmos are good to have, but not neccessity and takes back seat when it comes to build quality and interior fit n finish.

On the ASS front, I would like to have well built strong car with only one dealer in city compared to car with 20 dealers but poor quality product.

If I am out on market today to buy a hatch for city driving (occasional highway), I would go to VW.

GTX :mrgreen:
  2. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

If car is meant only for moving from Point A to B then why spend around 6-7 lacs on it.
    Even 800, Nano, Spark, Alto can move you from Point A to B without a fuss.
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Then why did you join teamFiat?
    I guess McLaren invited you to have company?

This is a free world. You may start your own blog like TeamVW or start a new online forum- teamVW.co.in, if there is none.
    Why call yourself a Fiat enthusiast then and join here? :confused
    I've never seen a so called enthusiast start his post with bashing the same thing he calls himself to be an enthusiast for.
  4. PaddleShifter

Grande Punto 1.3
    FIATians, constructive criticism is a different thing, being a persistent basher is another.

All I see here is persistent bashing and an attempt to shake our faith in the brand we trusted and went for.
    Need I say more how McLaren is against Fiat in every aspect.
    He hopes that TATA Fiat JV splits so that Fiat sales sink. What all is going on? :confused
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Even if you don't care its 3-pot or 4-pot, at-least you must appreciate Fiat has given the latest technology engine. VW gave old engine just to cut cost. Yet their vehicle is costly. Why VW can't give its latest technology to Indian customers?
    The final point is Punto's engine is better (may be marginally) with less cost.
    I don't think its tough to understand.

Its your choice, if you think some panel gaps are more important for you than Blue&Me. Not everybody has same choices. And Build Quality of Punto is in no way inferior to Polo.

Again its your choice, most people like to have multiple options.
    Have you heard of somebody saying buy Maruti, its service center is everywhere. No body will talk about the pathetic service they provide. I know this because I own Maruti car also.

Please do so. Polo is fantastic car but when you compare each items of Polo and Punto, you can judge yourself. Below is the list, tick yourself which one gives you more points.

• ENGINE

Unfortunately you do.

Have you ever thought why Fiat cars generates so much passion amongst owners? You must understand that Fiat cars does give you something more than others. Most of the car owners here would have marutis and hyundais in their homes, do they discuss about those cars, answer is NO.
  6. NAREN64

Hello there, Nobody's trust or decision making is shaken here. We welcome your critisism about Fiat Cars, as we & Fiat learn more when only there is something said negative about.

You might be a race driver & you know a lot about cars, we welcome the same & your inputs, But please don't boast that you have shaken somebody or this fourms trust & decision making. It is not welcome.

Every individual have their own trust & decision making capabilites it cannot be forced upon by others. Be carefull when posting such words in future, words spilt cannot be gathered back. It is my sincere advice.
  7. PaddleShifter

Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes, I know your signatures.

Nobody stops your bitter comments on any Fiat product. Even we have our threads on niggles and issues etc. But after 3-4 days of observing this thread, all I saw was a consistent bitter remarks against Fiat as a whole, not their products.

I know how and why I made my decisions.

But, your remarks in TATA-Fiat JV thread are clearly against Fiat. An attempt to create some doubts in the minds of the members (some of whom have not even completed 1 year after spending 5-9lacs) by saying that it's the forum members who will suffer etc etc if someday Fiat breaks the JV. Result, already one member started feeling insecure after visualizing all this. If we suffer, we'll take that as it comes. Why do you come here and create such posts?

You have your gearheads for being an auto enthusiast and write whatever you feel.

I'm no MOD or anything but it is clear beyond doubt that this forum is meant for discussing/sharing knowledge on Fiat cars, to help others on known issues, helping understand the techincal details better and to create a data base for newer Fiat cars.
  8. gtx

gtx Guest

Dont read between the lines.. What I meant is there is no point is discussing engine refinement while idling, you are not going to seat in ur car and keep it standstill with engine ON and enjoy refinement. AutoMOBILE is meant for moving from A to B!!

Your question and you have given the answer too.. "This is a free world".
    I do not own VW so can not start a forum teamVW, anyways thanks for suggestion.
    I dont know McLaren, I like the car design though.
    I drive Palio 1.6GTX, thats the reason I joined on teamFIAT. I know what is FIAT, but that doesn't mean other brands are BAD, some are equally good while some are better, VW is for SURE BETTER!!

Unfortunately people in this forum are in no way able to handle criticism for FIAT.

GTX (it means Palio 1.6GTX :mrgreen: :mrgreen: )
  9. devansn

devansn Novizio

Just like we have different cars to suit different set of priorities, different religions and beliefs, different forms of music, we have different forums too - team fiat is one of them. I may sound a bit philosophical, but you know what I mean?! :)
  10. PaddleShifter

Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes, I know it means Palio GTX and I was one of the first few to comment on your car in your introduction thread.

Yes, you were right in your place to talk of Punto vs Polo and I respect that.

But what I'm seeing for the past 2-3 days on this thread and that other thread is that there is consistent bashing of Fiat as a whole.

I can take Fiat bashing any given day but I will not take it here at TFI as long as I log-in, for it is not a general automobile discussion platform but a platform specific for Fiats & FIATians.

For general discussions, there are other forums I log-in to where I do not openly/only support Fiat.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.