1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

POLO 0r PUNTO

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Manilruben, Aug 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Well said Amogh. Everybody has different view hence there are some disagreement on some points. On most of the points they are with you. I would like to say a good review.

As I know, Polo doesn’t come with default warranty and free service. You have to pay some extra amount for warranty. And free service is not an option.

Others, please confirm on this.
  2. Manilruben

Manilruben Amatore

Chennai
    could pls tell me barnd name and spec of the amp u connected ....

with regard to alloys i checked with Sai mag they have restricted models since PUNTO is of 98 pcd ...now if in case it was 100 there were more models ...can i fit alloy with 100 PCD to a 98 PCD rim

Please clarify ...
  3. For the Amp and ICE setup, request you to look at the ICE Section (viewforum.php?f=13). A lot of us have done the ICE upgrades.
  4. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    No you can't fit 100 PCD on 98 ones. It could lead to a serious safety hazard. Please don't attempt to do something like this.
  5. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    As ARISHI stated please check the ICE UPGRADE thread u would get an incite of the same..

Amit: even i am of the opinion not to change the PCD size.. But i didnt find any difference when i checked Aniket's punto.. I guess he had installed a 100PCD 17" Rims.. Also his reviews were good on the wheel size he had installed.
  6. Paliofan

Paliofan Timido

Mumbai
    Dude, you just said it. I fail to understand is Fiat playing so conservatively for the 90hp Grande Punto. The Linea is a tad quicker,Linea multijet does 0-100km/hr in 15ish, with the same powertrain. I had a lot of expectations from the 90hp Punto, all vain.

Polo's build quality is a notch better than the Punto (I say that even though I'm a Fiat fan). Where the Polo (diesel) loses is the features (goes missing on USB, Aux, electric mirrors and rear seat legroom), and the diesel motor is a bit too lethargic. The torque curve is at its max for a very less range when compared to the Punto. And being a premium German brand, it is expensive to maintain as well.
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    You see above figures evenly matched? If same difference in performamnce is mentioned with Punto, otehrs will say Punto's performance is way behind.

Anyway - +1 to Punto

+2 - Punto

Don't go by what everyone buys, the verdict is Punto's steering is better.
    +3 Punto.

Let us give 50/50.

Marginally but Punto has better FE.
    +4 Punto

Let us give Polo a point here.
    Polo - +1

Punto is sure to be proven is very cheap to maintain. And Tata-Fiat will always have more number of stations to do servicing. Even if VW's efficiency is better, one would choose network. Why, see Maruti. They have equally in-efficient (Yes i own Maruti and thats why i say so). but since you have so many options, you can always find a good service station in your city.

+4 Punto

+5 Punto

Blue & Me is not just novel feautres but its actually an excellent day-to-day used feature. Also its safe.
    +6 Punto

+7 Punto

It is. Just read your statements once again.
    Punto is clear winner.

Though Polo and Punto both are very good looking, you can choose one. But majority will go with Punto.
  8. NAREN64

NAREN64

COIMBATORE
    [/quote:2yeik15j]

No free service for Polo, 1st Service: 15000kms or within 1 year after the Purchase, at Rs 5000(for Petrol version) & Rs.6000(TDi-Diesel).

2nd Service: 30000kms or 2nd year after Purchase, at Rs.7k(Petrol) & Rs.9-10k(Diesel).

Later on, Each Service 15000kms or 1 year after earlier Service.

Spares one of the costliest in the hatchback segment( Read Auto car India July edition you can see the comparission).

FIAT A** gone sore.

I will not accept this, it is only a hype, might there would be one of cases wherein the Service was poor, but when you look at an average it is good.
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    We are just comparing Polo and Punto. And since VW has given old 3-Pot engine in Polo, Punto's perfornamnce is better.
    Comparing with other similar engine is out-of-scopr here.

It is the same verdict from your comments, comparing each things between Polo and Punto.

This is with respect to looks, not sales figures.

Sue Fiat, if you think its not correct. They never say its quickest, but it is indeed most powerful.
  10. I think someone already said it in some other thread .. when FIAT gave India it's most powerful hatch the palio GTX no one bought it. They just can't take that risk with Punto. About VW, it will always sell more because it has a premium tag associated with the brand.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.