1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

POLO 0r PUNTO

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Manilruben, Aug 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    Punto is a clear winner. how can a underpowered, overpriced and overhyped car like polo be a better car than Punto.
  2. sharma_sanjeevin

sharma_sanjeevin Regolare

Mumbai
    What is more surprising is that, the Vento also dosent have the Steering Mounted Controls. This is what i noticed when i saw the Pictures of the Launch of the Vento. Cheap Cost Cutting i say, on Volkswagens part.

I think here, you are refering to Ritz ZXi, it has the steering mounted controls. The A-Star ZXi does not have the steering mounted controls.
  3. Arun1100

Arun1100 Regolare

Bangalore
    Does a "heavy" body, always mean its better in terms of safety? I fear no..
  4. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^ Of course not !! : F1 cars are made of carbon fiber and we all know how light and safe they are !!

Please look at the text in its totality. I have written that the build quality has been proven in case of mishaps and accidents.

I have made the comment based on the following parameters

1. I know from very reliable sources the reason behind Punto being heavy !! (High gauge impact beams)
    2. Various reports of how the cabin and its occupants were safe even after a heavy shunt (hitting a pole, tree at high speeds etc)
    3. My own experience of being involved in a shunt.

Please note that I have made a comment specific to the Punto in comparison to the Polo. It is not a general comment.

Build quality does not always refer to the weight of the car or the "thud" of the door. It has also got to do with the manner in which a car has been "put together" and how it takes the impact and crumples in the case of an accident / mishap.

All I am trying to say is : in two equally well put together cars (and I think Punto & Polo are at par in this case) : if car A is heavier than car B (read Car A uses metal of higher gauge) : Car A is going to be safer !!
  5. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Guys my verdict would be a PUNTO over POLO...

this is when i decided with my friend who booked a POLO and still waiting for the delivery of the car...

No power ORVMS and no climate control ACC even on the Highline diesel...
  6. Manilruben

Manilruben Amatore

Chennai
    can any on eclarify on the below points plz..

Secondly want a clear information on the HU of the punto emotion Pck

1.can i fit an AMP directly to the HU then connect 4 compos.
    2. WL the sound quality improve if i fit all 4 compos to the excisting HU without the amp.
    3. Do i have to upgrade the tyres to MICHELIN or the stock ones are gud enough since i am changing the alloy for sure.
  7. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    hey I've got an amp installed on my Epk wid no issues... Well I've got 6speakers now wid one sub.. Its perfect.. Also u can connect the amp to the HU diretly provided u get a Blaupunkt cable which costs 1200... Go for it man...
    Also no need to change the OE tyres.. But since u stated ur gonna change the alloy try going for 16 "
  8. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Warranty will be void. Stay with 15"
  9. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    hmmm.... Fiat just needs a reason if u face any suspension issues to void the warranty if u get 16" Amogh is right...
  10. NAREN64

NAREN64

COIMBATORE
    Overall Length(mm) Punto 3987
    Overall Length(mm) Polo 3970

Overall Width(mm) Punto 1687
    Overall Width(mm) Polo 1682

Overall Height(mm) Punto 1495
    Overall Height(mm) Polo 1453

Wheel base(mm) Punto 2510
    Wheel base(mm) Polo 2456

Ground Clearence(mm) Punto 171