Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Manilruben, Aug 6, 2010.
Have a looks & enjoy the Photo. :lol
Yeh aur ek Bakra ban gaya?!! :-D
Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
Knows its ancestors hahahahaha.
Well, the Polo is attracting someone atleast ! :evilsmile
Yesterday I visited Times AUTO Show in Pune. I visited VW counter & saw POLO. What a pathetic car it is the Volkswagon POLO. 3 adults wont sit comfortably in POLO. It does not have temparature gauge. only 1.2 Ltr 73 bhp Diesel engine which makes lot of noise.
Jaydev, there have been quite a few reports of rattles and squeaks from the Polo and much worse.
- Someone had the engine head replaced within 10K kms.
- Many owners are reporting odd behavior of the front window. The window refuses to go up / down sometimes. Could be a power window switch problem.
- ACI has a report of a Vento owner complaining about a gear box problem. By the time the magazine went to press, VW had not responded to even Autocar!
- Many owners report of their cars pulling to the left.
In comparision, lets take a look at the niggles in the Punto:
- Faulty seat height adjust levers - SOLVED.
- Squeaks and rattles in some cars - same as polo. Have to add here, maybe I am lucky but in 31,000 kms I haven't had a single rattle.
- Some Cars pull to the left.
As things seem now after they are written down, I would much rather have a bonnet release lever fall off or a rear parcel tray clip break then a replaced engine head or a gearbox problem!
Coming to the power window switch issue, a LOT of VW's had a similar issue in Canada. I know this because I sold VW's there. Many of the cars had their windows roll down automatically and then refuse to go back up. Now imagine that you are driving home at 12 midnight in the cold month (upto - 20 deg C!!) of January in Toronto and your window rolls down and refuses to go back up! Yes, it actually happened to someone!
Hahahahahahahaha.. Legend.. wait for it.. dary Shahjahan saab.
Let me add a few more besides what you have already posted:
- Turbo of a brand new VW Polo busted minutes after delivery. :thumbs down Ownership thread on BHP. Turbo changed after a few weeks while the car was being driven without a turbo in the meanwhile.
- ECU of a 2400Km run Polo busted (pics at TFI's one of the introduction thread).
This slogan about german quality is such a joke. I wonder whether they use bangur cement for manufacturing at VW. Mostly people who fall for this gimmick and end up on a flatbed.
Guys, I am closing the thread now.
The member who opened the thread has not come back. So no point in discussing more on this.
Separate names with a comma.