1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

POLO 0r PUNTO

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Manilruben, Aug 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. @rakesh8051
    I booked the car from malik cars. They gave me extended warranty, road side assistance and 5000 cash discount. Thats what my dad was telling me. But as i will take the delivery of the car in february. The sa told me that any offers the company might give, i will get them also.
    Will find out more about the pricing of the car and all when i go home this week end.
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Had a test drive of Polo last weekend.

Suspension:-
    What I feel the suspension is very good in POLO on city roads, I am not sure how they will perform in Rural areas or on bad roads. I can assure that Puntos suspension works really well in Rural areas. My personal experience.

Ride & Handling, Power, Features:-

It is good if we dont compare this point in Polo & Punto comparison.

Engine:-
    POLO's engine is noisy as compared to PUNTO 90HP. Punto is more refined, Powerful, Peppy, Fun to drive as compared to POLO.

Build Quality:-
    Agreed to AMIT. My personal opinio is Polo has good build quality. The material used is very good its as good as in Punto. Both cars will get 10/10.

Both cars priced almost same. If you buy POLO you will just get a VW brand that set nothing else & if you go for PUNTO, Amogh explained you everything. Punto is clear winner when it comes to Ride Quality, Handling, Breakng, Features, Power.

Go for PUNTO 90HP. Its a gem in Hatchback segment.
  3. @rakesh8051
    the car is costing me on road 762,020.
    i am getting free road side assistance, extended warranty and 10.000 rs discount. that was the maximum i could bargain for.
    they were telling that there are 3 white epk's there in their yard. all are 20111 made.
    will pm you if i get any more information
  4. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Congrats and do post the ownership reviews along with the pictures,
    Warm Welcome to you
  5. go for POLO,

PUNTO is OLD model, Diesel mileage problems are there..

POLO is good option....
  6. Does the fact that Fiat Punto being is relatively older when contrasted with VW Polo suggest that Fiat Punto is a bad car? Weird logic, I must add. :helmet

Diesel mileage problems? It sounds new to me, atleast! :confused1
  7. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Hey ravi, ive been reading all ur 9 post and uve been bashing Punto without providing any specific reasons. Please, i would request you to provide the reasons why you feel the way you have mentioned in all of your post. Seems like you have no other interst in this forum other than advising people not to buy a Fiat.

Pls dnt mind me, I follow the principle of Put Up or Shut Up. ::pP
  8. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I think Amogh has explained all the facts of the car, he has not left any angle unattended, Even i go with him blindly there is no doubth that Punto is a winner and a head turner, (Just park the Punto next to polo you will get the difference), even polo has a cool body line but again my heart votes for P U N T O :car
  9. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    If you have two cars in mind and you feel both are equally good, the best thing to do is

1. Test drive both the cars
    2. Check all the feature list (This forum has a thread on The Punto feature list)
    3. See which is best VFM

above factors will give you some metrics to decide on the best car

By the way, I have read about Polo engine block problems, never heard of that on Punto.

One comment from my end, Once you drive Punto for > 50 KMS, you will start loving it in all respects.
  10. both are very good cars. Both are equally specd almost equally. But this matter is best if left to heart. Its the battle between Italian flair and German quality..
    Punto is a head turner for sure. Polo never comes near punto in this department i feel.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.