1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Pollution Certificate - Which shop in your city

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Ravi, Aug 27, 2010.

1. bins

bins Amatore

Bangalore
    Some of the petrol bunks near my place has stopped taking diesel vehicle for pollution certification. One has put up a board saying only petrol vehicles. And last day I found a place near my hometown where I took this certificate with new kind of testing. They attach a probe to the engine to check the vibration, take some reading with some equipment at different rpms and they finally check the exhaust at different rpms. When I asked about this new procedure he also didn't have any clue but this is the way it is now for diesel vehicles.
  2. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    At my place, things are bit easier. The traffic police people have few emission testing equipments which they carry with them and stop vehicles (with visible emission) for checking on the spot.
    But, if my vehicle travels to another jurisdiction, I need an emission certificate. For the same, I searched for emission testing centres in my place and found this one and only person who just clicked the license number plate picture and cooked up all the numbers to issue a PUC :rolleyes:

PS: This testing centre is authorized by RTO
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    If you ask me its only letters painted on by some enthusiastic painter kid that's all.
    Especially after i saw how they test for emission, i've lost complete faith
  4. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    well, the testing centre is actually situated in the lane beside RTO itself :) and they do have the rubber stamp of RTO in these certificates.
  5. Anand3553

Anand3553 Timido

Chennai
    Could someone guide me where I can find a Pollution testing centre in Chennai? I am put up at Medavakkom. Any information on centres nearby would be very helpful. I have been looking for one for quite some time but couldnnot find any :confused:
  6. OnWheels

OnWheels Timido

Bangalore
    Most petrol pumps usually have a PUC testing facility, check with your local/regular petrol bunk if they do not have it they might be able to guide you to a nearest one.
  7. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    How old a vehicle should be to get a PUC? Does a new vehicle need a certificate?
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    If your vehicle is more than two years old, you would need a PUC certificate.

I really don't know any in that area. But, a BP Pump at Thiruvanmiyur has it. It may be Palavakkam to be precise.