1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Pollen Filter

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by karan desai, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Linear

Linear Amatore

Thane
    I too have ordered a pollen filter from 99rpm & planning to change it once it arrives. Let me check whether the screw is there or not. It's not there in Vijay Khasa's video too.
  2. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    So which one did you get - the pollen or the wire mesh?
    i guess this is the only one for sale there AC Pollen Filter for Fiat Grande Punto & Linea
  3. Linear

Linear Amatore

Thane
    The pollen one. When I changed it, the one in the car was the wire mesh one. Have kept it in the boot since it looks quite usable.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 4
  4. bins

bins Amatore

Bangalore
    While I changed to pollen from wiremesh, I snapped that clip. Now this provision for screw came handy for me.
    A workaround which is better than the original clip. :)
  5. rpm19050

rpm19050

Delhi
    in the linea AC circuit, where exactly does the pollen filter kick in? Is it before the evaporator ('cooling') coil or after? I just got my cooling coil replaced - such dirt, and hence all the smell! I would like keep both the air as well as the coil clean. considering delhi/gurgaon air and 100% AC usage, this is an absolute must!

been surviving without the pollen filter - great to see it back. ordered 2 from 99rpm yesterday itself.
  6. bins

bins Amatore

Bangalore
  7. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    @rpm19050 Filter is before Cooling Coil in every car which have AC filter, there is no benefit of providing it after coil.
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
  8. rpm19050

rpm19050

Delhi
    i verified: it is prior to the coil. But I would not go on to say 'no benefit' if it was to be placed post coil .

If they can design and install plastic parts in their clutch engagement mechanism, they can do anything - so, this is not as obvious as you make it sound.
  9. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I just replaced the wire mesh filter in my Punto with a FIAT OEM pollen filter I bought from 99rpm a few months back. I would say it was a one hour job for me as I was unable to remove the glove box lid.

Once the glove box lid was removed, it was easy to remove the two screws of Blue and Me box and let i hang as shown by Vijay Khasa in his DIY video (link posted by bins 2-3 posts above).

One step is not clear in Vijay's video i.e. how to remove the lid of the pollen filter compartment.
    To remove the plastic cover of the pollen filter enclosure, there is a clip on its right side end just posterior (behind) to the empty provision for a screw. Gently pull it outwards and remove the lid. Pollen filter will be visible inside.

Rest of the steps are thoroughly visible in the video by Vijay Khasa.
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
  10. teemsaj

teemsaj

New Delhi
    Hi guys -My first post. Just got my 2011 G.Punto MJD Active serviced (45k kms service). Wanted to know whether there is an A/C pollen filter in the diesel Active variant which does not have climate control. Is the A/C pollen filter only in models with Climate Control or in all models. In the service invoice it has been changed, but I was of the opinion that there is no A/C pollen filter in the Active variant. Please advise - thanks in advance.
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2014