1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Pollen Filter

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by karan desai, Dec 20, 2011.

1. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Yes In 2009 Fiat used Pollen Filter (paper type) received complaints of it clogging well before service interval and affecting flow of air so shifted to wiremesh filter design and then received complaints about poor filtration from ASS and customers so Fiat is again using Pollen Filter.

Difference in filtration is massive between these two filters. Pollen filters gets almost fully clogged by 15k kms while wiremesh doesn't even have 10 % of dust that pollen filter catches. Wiremesh filters is good only for catching dry leaves and other third party objects doesn't block bad smell and very fine dust particles.
    1 person likes this.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  3. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    That's an excellent news Vijay, always loved the paper based one's. It did the job perfectly and the newer one's were letting too much of dust in.
  4. I installed a paper filter yesterday in my punto, I did not feel any air flow issue.
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    For Bangalore's weather, this was never an issue. And it helps in filtering dust and also outside smells.
    Going to change it soon, in next service.
  6. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    introducing pollen filter again is a great news for me. i was searchin it for a ling time. even inquired if some fellow members had a used one lying with them. meanwhile i used my old pollen filter after washing and cleaning it thoroughly in winters and wiremesh in summers. the filtering capabilities of a pollen filter is unmatched. but it needs frequent cleaning, especially in a dusty locality like mine.
    happy to see you pollen filter:-D.
    i think with better acs post 2011 fiat can now afford to put pollen filters back.
    Last edited: May 6, 2013
  7. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    But let me tell you that the paper type filter gets clogged easily with the current crappy dusty condition in Bangalore. The DIY filter cleaning should do a lot of help in keeping the AC efficiency top notch.
  8. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    In my case, wiremesh filter is working fine. AC is super effective. So will not try to change anything. In any case earlier too, outside air, smell etc used to seep in.
  9. rohit tunga

rohit tunga Amatore

Bangalore
    I guess we can minimize the chances of clogging the pollen filter by overriding the Automatic climate control and enabling the re circulation mode. This should, at least in theory reduce the amount of dust entering the filter.
  10. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Yes, you got it right. But paper filter will still get clogged sooner than the 15k mark for sure. I foresee a clean up every 2.5-3k Kms.

Rohit, the is a private message for you.