1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Pollen Filter

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by karan desai, Dec 20, 2011.

1. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Was just trying to clean the pollen filter. Four months after service, I found hardly anythiung filtered by the pollen filter. It was clean as new. I dont want to believe that Bangalore has such a clean environment.
    Now the question is, how efficient is the wiremesh filter, compared to the earlier one?
    wiremesh.jpg
  2. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    Wow.so clean? Wasn't there even few insects trapped? Might be bangalore has become pollution free:p

tasting the Italian delight!
    2 people like this.
  3. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

It definitely is, when compared to our 'Singara Chennai'. ;)
    1 person likes this.
  4. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Bombay
    Grande Punto 1.4
    maybe your in A.C.is in recirculation mode...... 1.jpg ...
  5. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I just dont believe that Bangalore suddenly become so clean. :)
    Coming to why wanted to clean the the pollen filter, Whenever I switch on the AC, there is the braking feeling on the engine, which was never there. Need to check what is wrong...
  6. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    This is no more a pollen filter. Its just a wiremesh filter. It wont trap pollen size particles at all. Pollen filter was causing too much problems due to clogging. So fiat changed it to wiremesh.
  7. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Price of AC filter have gone up because Fiat has again started using Pollen Filter (papery type) instead of the cheap wiremesh filter which served no purpose at all.
    Just done 90k service few days back and part prices are same and labor charges are less than TATA ASS with added advantage of non-common parts available, got door striker plates after 1.5 year. Doors all silent again.
    Last edited: May 6, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  8. FIAT Punto and Linea Spare part queries

This is news. On the contrary Chevy has replaced a paper based AC filter with that of a wire mesh to resolve the AC cooling issue in the cruze. Not trying to undermine Fiat but trying to draw comparisons between 2 manufacturers whose products I use. Please don't consider this as a product comparison though.
  9. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Better cooling and airflow was the reason Fiat shifted to wiremesh filter but whats the use when it doesn't filter well and clogs the evaporator coils.
  10. FIAT Punto and Linea Spare part queries

So you mean to say .. Fiat used wire mesh shifted to paper ?