1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Pollen Filter

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by karan desai, Dec 20, 2011.

1. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    I don't think they(KAVA) don't sell used parts.but I have seen the way they keep the parts (messy way without any packaging) its bound to get scratched.I also bought chrome handles from them they r bit scratched but new from inside and unused.even they have new design elastic pads which i checked looked brand new from all aspects.I also bought upper front show grill and lower grill and they dont look oldas he told me that it is painted since it had little scratches since it all come in open but no defect.
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    hey, do a diy. open your wiremesh filter. take a good quality cotton cloth with medium density and wrap around it and fix it back.
    all done.
  3. apt

apt Timido

vadodara
    As I saw a video in TEAM-FIAT abt. cleaning pollen filter, I tried on my GP 1.3 MJD Dynamic and found that they provide just a plastic wire-mesh kind pollen filter.
    I need to know is that the right part company gave me or I need to change with the regulaer one
    Give some advice
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    The pollen filter was changed sometime in 2011 to the wire mesh kind. You have the correct part installed in your Punto. Just replace it at every 15k service.

Cheers.
  5. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Guru though wire mesh filter costs you less than 50 Rs, I personally felt that we can easily wash & re-use it. You can use a soap solution & clean it. It will come out as new. I find it best to clean it at 2500-5000 km interval depending on the condition of your locality. Except for the Emotion (Earlier Emotion Pk) models, it is just a 1 min job for taking out the filter.
  6. gurjinder

Punjab
    Yes Cinju, i was just suggesting ''by the book''. :)
  7. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Guru in the book have they mentioned specifically like pollen or wire mesh ? Sorry dont have access to book right now :). But yes this filter is really a boon. When you take out the filter you can see how much dust it has filtered out.
  8. gurjinder

Punjab
    During the service, the SA told that changing it is a part of the 15k service schedule, just like the pollen filter.

Although, realistically, these mesh filters can go on for much longer by cleaning and recleaning,
  9. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Its better to change to save ur EW.if anything goes wrong with Ur AC system Ur EW will be denied if u didn't chang according to the schedule.
  10. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Varin though logically speaking what you have mentioned is not valid, but yes the service centre can make this as a reason for denying warranty /EW :)