1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Poll on Linea/Punto Clutch Replacement

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by SoumenPaul, Mar 29, 2013.

?

Line/Punto Clutch replacement

1. Clucth replaced between 10-20 k Km

5.9%
  2. Clucth replaced between 30-40 k Km

25.9%
  3. Clucth replaced between 40-60 k Km

27.1%
  4. Clucth replaced between 60-80 k Km

8.2%
  5. Using original Clutch for more than 70 K Km

32.9%
  1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Its sad @KGP; you could write to service email id or take FASC email id and ask Fiat that change of clutch at such low running is recommended. I am afraid its one of those rare cases where clutch has developed issue sooner. In most probablity the issue is with clutch bearing and an outside mechanic could fix it cheaper. Maybe you could take a chance there?
  2. puntophile

puntophile Amatore

Indirapuram NCR
    Just a query: is the clutch slipping as well? I mean, for the same speed, do you need to revv higher than earlier? Before any change of the entire clutch, a simple brake fluid bleeding (including the clutch circuit) and refilling might resolve some of the issues. Such an early replacement, is unnatural if not unprecedented.
  3. KGP

KGP Timido

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.2
    @puntophile, there is no slippage or loss of transmission, just the gear stick gets hard.,
  4. puntophile

puntophile Amatore

Indirapuram NCR
    Sirjee, get a bleeding done, with GOOD DOT4 fluid. Preferably under supervision of someone who knows where corners are cut in the process. You can change the kit anytime...but you might want to try this small thing first.
  5. venkatesh s

venkatesh s Timido

hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    how much does clutch kit of punto 75 emotion cost.....service centre in hyderabad quoting 6000 +3000 fitting charges....!!is it high .....??
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Please mention name of service center. Also Fiat rates are regulated for all dealers. Are you sure you were quoted after referring to their online spares system. Do take a quote from another FASC and decide. You may find actual rates much smaller at some places. Do note that dealers tend to quote for flywheel etc. but that is optional in most cases to change and could cost more as you stated.
  7. venkatesh s

venkatesh s Timido

hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @asimpleson A V motors hyderabad....!! i donno whether they referred online spares system......!! as u said i am also thinking to visit the other servicing centre available in hyderabad ...butta automotives...thanks for reply...!!
  8. Sailer_Punter

Sailer_Punter Amatore

Bangalore
    I had called up Vecto motors, Bangalore yesterday for Clutch kit replacement of my Punto 75HP and they quoted 8.5K including labour.
  9. magnan

magnan Amatore

Jaipur, Rajasthan
    88000 kms and no problem from clutch.
    Expect more 40-50k kms from this original clutch.
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Keep munching unless you find low fuel economy or stucking of gear.Me done change at 1.47Lakh Kms.So drive free.
    mchanna and SHASHANKREDDY like this.