1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Poll - Do you have rattle/squeaking noise from seats in your Punto?

Discussion in 'Technical' started by vayfiat, Nov 19, 2014.

?

Punto Seat Squeaks/Rattles

1. Driver seat gives out squeaking noise

28.6%
  2. Co-driver seat gives out squeaking noise

28.6%
  3. Rear bench is rattling (60 ratio)

35.7%
  4. No Rattles

28.6%
  5. Rattles in rear seat without 60:40 split option

7.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. anupam sharma

anupam sharma Timido

Gurgaon
    Took my car to DRS motors, gurgaon on saturday. The service advisor had called up a person who new about this seat issue. This confident looking chap told me he has solved such issues in 3cars before and the earlier batches had this issue of squeaking seats. May be the springs in the seat back need correction.

After some diagnosis both front seats were opened up. All springs of seat back were checked, no noises from springs.
    Some alignment issue was there in seat rails as the teeth were not setting up properly, corrected. Bolts at the hinge were opened, no sign of wear and tear. Everything cleaned up, greased and fixed back.

Surprisingly, 90% of the noise is gone. only a very faint squeaking noise comes. Its like seat covers making some noise. They again took out the seat and found the bolt holding seat belt was making this noise. Bolt was ok it was cleaned lubricated and put back.

Absolutely no noise now.. :D

Took multiple test drives, on all types of roads. No noise..

car is noise free uptill now..keeping my fingers crossed.

I checked each and every car in the service center for this noise. to my surprise all of them were making noises at different places, no new linea or evo were there. Seems like people are enjoying their upgraded ICE. ;)
    puntophile, prabhjot, vayfiat and 2 others like this.
  2. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^^ Good to know that your problem is fixed. If it is really an issue in many of the cars, it would be better Fiat sends out an official communication to all service centres. At least they would be aware about the issue and its resolution when a customer approaches them for similar issue
  3. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

no rattles from any of the seats in my 28k km run July 2012 GP.
  4. vayfiat

vayfiat Amatore

Bangalore
    Happy to know your issue is resolved @anupam sharma. I wish if such people were there in Vecto Bangalore. No response from FIAT or Vecto yet even though on last Wednesday, Vecto Service Manager had promised me an action soon. I'm going to start a rigorous follow up from tomorrow onwards.
  5. Javid JD

Javid JD Timido

Bangalore
    I also have all kinds of noise coming in from all seats n even from dashboard n doors
    Plz help me out in getting rid of this noises plz.....
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 22, 2014 ---
    Vecto and aadya both these service centers are hopeless
  6. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Javid JD

IMO the only rattle/noise that i take seriously/am bothered about are suspension ones, or brake noises. Most if not all other tiny squeaks and rattles are not worth getting troubled by, since they are really tough to investigate, locate, and in the process of opening things up I always fear that more trouble is caused even if some are solved.

In general I find Fiat-s to be quite rattle-free, at least from our family's experience of owning four Fiats over 5-6 years. Despite the fact that Fiat-s do see so much more highway and rough-road driving by most owners. From my experience, Japanese (and Korean) cars are rattling-queens, with the exception of Toyota-s.

Think twice before trying to investigate every little squeak. In Indian road, load and climactic conditions it is best I have found to not fuss too much. Unless it is a mechanical noise.
    Ganges likes this.
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    One should always think upon with drive train noise rather small niggles here n there.
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. vayfiat

vayfiat Amatore

Bangalore
    @prabhjot and @Ganges

I'm talking about seat rattles and squeaks which constantly irritates to a point where I don't enjoy driving my car. If you talk about the issues in drive train, I have complaints there too. You will be surprised if you go by the number of replacements/repairs happened around my car's suspension/steering rack - I've got my steering rack replaced 2-3 weeks back and there are new alignment issues after that.

So, the point is - you can't generalize in few words like "I find Fiat-s to be quite rattle-free". I've begun the thread by mentioning about rear-seat rattle I have. If you don't think this as a serious issue, I invite you guys to come and see my car and witness - the rear seat literally shakes rigorously even in not so uneven roads. I'm pursuing the issue seriously with FIAT and Vecto.

Whether this forum members respond religiously to my post or not, the issue are of serious concern to me since I've paid for my car. I've started this thread because I thought it will help figuring out how many people have the same issue. I'm a hardcore FIAT fan and a so far happy member in TeamFIAT - please check my posts. But, issues are issues - if you don't have issues, please choose an adequate option in the poll.
    prabhjot likes this.
  9. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @vayfiat

Sorry man, my comment was not about your hassles, it was addressed specifically to @Javid JD
    vayfiat likes this.
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The reply was not to you , sorry if hurted your feelings.

Anyhow ,i didnt seen the option for my taste .i.e Dont Care.
    vayfiat likes this.